Hi,

I'm planning to build a cnc machine to help me with my PC builds.

I've been doing some research online, and I've come up with a cunning plan: but I want to get some expert advice before I jump in....

Materials I will be cutting - Acrylic and Aluminium (grade 1050 to 6063) - max depth of 15mm (for waterblocks).

Planned build -

Y - X = 1M MakerSlide Aluminium Extrusion Linear Rail CNC (dualed)
Z = 200mm Makerslide
With Threaded Stainless and nuts and Makerslide rollers changing all bearings to 608ZZ ABEC 9s.

I'm planning to build it in an aluminium frame (3d so a box going up above the z axis to 500mm) - 25mm square sections and the mounts out of 3mm sheet aluminium 6063.

I'm planning on using a belt drive (T5) with a 50 tooth pulley on NEMA 23s (I choose 50 because I'm guessing this is more accurate, but I'd like your advice).

For the spindle I was going with a Chinese 2.2KW with VFD (watercooled - I'm planning on retrofitting the watermounts with 1/4 g tap to fit 1/2 ID tubing and connecting to an Eheim 600 pump).

Controller - USBCNC Mk 2 with drivers from them and NEMA 23s (good 2.5 A ones, but I would love some advice as to what you would use).

Anyway, I need it to be cheap and accurate, rather than fast and cheap, or expensive....

With this in mind what do you think?

Thanks.