. .
    Hi all,

I have a personal hobby of building hifi equipment. The electronics part is largely taken care of apart form the odd electrocution and blown amplifier but the manufacture of casing and drilling of PCBs has been something I've needed to address for a while.

I am about to take delivery of an old Hobbymat BFE65 vertical milling machine, and plan to convert it to CNC in order to do front/rear panels and airflow slots. This forum looks like a fantastic resource and I hope to get involved in discussion, learn about what I may need to source to do this particular conversion and get ideas for what else I can do with the mill.

My dad was a toolmaker for 40 years and I have resisted the temptation to get into metalwork for too long!

Your dad's not Graham is it ?
    John S -

Quote Originally Posted by John S View Post
    Your dad's not Graham is it ?
    Bloody hell you still alive.!! . . . Thought you'd pegged it you've been so quite. .

No I'm only allowed out on a Thursday.
    John S -

Strange welcome guys. No, my Dad's not Graham.

Welcome to the forum thommy, I'm sure you'll find the help you need on here (hopefully that was a slightly more normal welcome ) You'll get used to Jazz and John, they're both immensely knowledgeable...
    Neil...

Build log...here

:) Thanks.

Where would be a good place to ask about / find information on converting a small hobby milling machine to cnc control? This forum is big!

Hi Thommy

Hello and welcome, Fellow Hobbymat user.

Ray

Quote Originally Posted by thommy View Post
    :) Thanks.

Where would be a good place to ask about / find information on converting a small hobby milling machine to cnc control? This forum is big!
    This would be a good start
    Mill Build Logs

I mainly use the search box, top right of this page.
    Last edited by EddyCurrent; 20-09-2013 at 04:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by thommy View Post
    Strange welcome guys. No, my Dad's not Graham.
    You have to be strange to work around here . .. . . .Oh Welcome. .

Thread Information