. .
Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
  1. Deleted......
    Last edited by irving2008; 10-12-2014 at 04:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    I'll make some general points which I think should answer the questions - do let me know if I've missed anything.
    Thank you Jonathan to clear this dark spot in my knowledge.
    Last edited by vargai; 04-01-2015 at 09:58 PM. Reason: blah-blah is deleted

Some updates. I a bit ashamed it goes so slow but in between other work, orders of stuff i do and working alone on the machine, it takes too long.

This is what you are up to, if you don't have straight edge. 3m rail. you move it left right from one end and from the center onward it stays in place. Not so bendy when short lengths but look at that...

https://plus.google.com/111571569713...ts/P5Gu6PjqftB

A very lazy helper

This is what the empty epoxy bottles weight, in case you wonder or you loose power when measuring:

The key to epoxy leveling the gantry rails, squaring the gantry and other was to leave the plates that mount on the gantry bearings/the leg sides/ longer 10mm at the back side. Z plate was mounted, ball screw and then rails were squared, just to make sure all would fit.

I was impatient here, so i did all this alone. Moving the gantry up and down i mean. Starting to feel that i am training heavy lifting. Then gantry was mounted and squared again. gantry rails were checked for squareness against the long rails. Success.

project 1 , 2, Dust Shoe ...

My "favorite" part - painting.
    It took one day to clean the machine. One day to paint it 3 colors using what i had of paints meant directly over steel or oxide. A day to dry/it was cold. One day for second hand of these-white, silver and black. White looked best. One day to dry and then started the real paint.

Violet metallic, who would have guessed what color i would choose. Why that color? It needed to be different cause the machine deserves it /money, effort, result/. So i looked and i looked... And by the way i have got new Oakley Violet Iridium sun glasses a week before . So i decided i would look cool beside it and chose the color to be the same. Crazy, yeah?

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20150214_113129.jpg 
Views:	2163 
Size:	246.6 KB 
ID:	14700   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20150214_133421.jpg 
Views:	2191 
Size:	165.3 KB 
ID:	14701   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20150215_205822.jpg 
Views:	2153 
Size:	206.8 KB 
ID:	14702   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20150125_125714.jpg 
Views:	2144 
Size:	105.1 KB 
ID:	14703  

Outstanding job Boyan, it won't be long now.
    What model are your shades ? i was thinking of treating myself.
    Regards
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by mekanik View Post
    Outstanding job Boyan, it won't be long now.
    What model are your shades ? i was thinking of treating myself.
    Regards
    Mike
    Thanks!

Oakley Style Switch, standard fit, clear frame,Violet Iridium/+spare black iridium/ OO9194-03. Possibly the only present i made to myself at least like from half an year ago. All else went in the machine or paying bills

Looking good Boyan, the machine that is

I treated myself to some Oakleys a couple of years ago, Crossfire II's for everyday use and for flying my RC planes and Helis a pair of Half Jacket 2.0 with G30 IRIDIUM lenses...
    Neil...

Build log...here

Whose a pretty boy then. I think you need the shades to shield from the glare off that machine!!! Looking great, as your work usually does. G.

9. How have you aligned the y axis rails? Apologies if this is explained elsewhere and I've missed it..?

Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread Information