Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast
  1. #171
    I honestly think anything you touch turns into gold ;)

  2. #172
    Quote Originally Posted by toomast View Post
    Looking good!
    How did you end up mounting UPN140 for the bed? I mean how did you get it level? Or you just have them laying on the machine for the moment?

    Drilled the UPN, soldered oversized nuts to form a bed, drilled machine and fixed with bolts. Same as what i did here http://www.mycncuk.com/threads/8600-Welding-bench



    Thanks for the kind words :-)


    Have not updated it long time. Its almost finished, now rectifying some design mistakes. Will speak about them later.

    Here is a video i made yesterday of test runs at 10000mm/min acceleration 3000, gantry weights 180-160kg or sth like that. Its scary. Its snappy, so object achieved so far.

    Waiting for the new cable drag chains, last were a bit small so now i bought bigger from Russia and should be any day here

    Enjoy:

    project 1 , 2, Dust Shoe ...

  3. #173
    COOL!
    Watch out for ESD.

  4. #174
    love this build! Any videos of it cutting yet?

  5. #175
    Boyan Absolutely awesome build as per usual! Actually it qualifies as CNC porn I think! I am soo jealous well done!!!!

    (Way off topic) One thing I worry about is the roof of your extension has no gutter! So all the water is going to run down the wall and into everything you have leaning or hanging on the wall. Am I missing something?

    Oh and more videos or at least photos of chips flying when you can!!!
    Last edited by Lachlan; 05-11-2015 at 11:42 AM.

  6. #176
    Maybe it's a case of the rain in Spain falling mainly on the plain and Boyan living in the Spanish mountains where it seldom rains?

  7. #177
    Quote Originally Posted by Boyan Silyavski View Post
    Drilled the UPN, soldered oversized nuts to form a bed, drilled machine and fixed with bolts. Same as what i did here http://www.mycncuk.com/threads/8600-Welding-bench



    Thanks for the kind words :-)


    Have not updated it long time. Its almost finished, now rectifying some design mistakes. Will speak about them later.

    Here is a video i made yesterday of test runs at 10000mm/min acceleration 3000, gantry weights 180-160kg or sth like that. Its scary. Its snappy, so object achieved so far.

    Waiting for the new cable drag chains, last were a bit small so now i bought bigger from Russia and should be any day here

    Enjoy:

    What motors / gear ratios?

  8. #178
    HI guys,
    sorry have not been here a while. Thing is that have been busy with small orders last 3 months and i just couldn't find the time to finish the machine.

    Quote Originally Posted by CanonGuy View Post
    love this build! Any videos of it cutting yet?
    Soon.


    Quote Originally Posted by Lachlan View Post
    Boyan Absolutely awesome build as per usual! Actually it qualifies as CNC porn I think! I am soo jealous well done!!!!

    (Way off topic) One thing I worry about is the roof of your extension has no gutter! So all the water is going to run down the wall and into everything you have leaning or hanging on the wall. Am I missing something?

    Oh and more videos or at least photos of chips flying when you can!!!
    Thanks! Rain goes down on the wall and then on ground. Distance between wall and shed is 2-3cm. reason being is that even if i made it closed using PU foam, water will still drip due to the wall type. So i did not bother

    Quote Originally Posted by AndyGuid View Post
    Maybe it's a case of the rain in Spain falling mainly on the plain and Boyan living in the Spanish mountains where it seldom rains?
    In fact before i made the shed it was 11months drought here. I finished the shed- and it could not stop raining.

    But main reason for shed is not rain only but sun, cause at summer is very hot here. Everyday.

    Quote Originally Posted by Chaz View Post
    What motors / gear ratios?
    400w AC servo motor/ballscrew = 2:3 /20t:30t/ so 1:1.5 meaning top speed at 3000RPM will be 20m/min though that motors could easily spin 5000RPM but there the power drops.



    Last Christmas orders, so i send my wife to her mother, switch off my phone for a week and finish the machine /hopefully/

    Main problem after all was not aligning the ball screws well to the rotating nut assembly/ due to chinese nut out of spec size/ , so now thats what i have to do .then cables and box.
    project 1 , 2, Dust Shoe ...

  9. #179
    Quote Originally Posted by Boyan Silyavski View Post
    HI guys,
    sorry have not been here a while. Thing is that have been busy with small orders last 3 months and i just couldn't find the time to finish the machine.



    Soon.




    Thanks! Rain goes down on the wall and then on ground. Distance between wall and shed is 2-3cm. reason being is that even if i made it closed using PU foam, water will still drip due to the wall type. So i did not bother



    In fact before i made the shed it was 11months drought here. I finished the shed- and it could not stop raining.

    But main reason for shed is not rain only but sun, cause at summer is very hot here. Everyday.



    400w AC servo motor/ballscrew = 2:3 /20t:30t/ so 1:1.5 meaning top speed at 3000RPM will be 20m/min though that motors could easily spin 5000RPM but there the power drops.



    Last Christmas orders, so i send my wife to her mother, switch off my phone for a week and finish the machine /hopefully/

    Main problem after all was not aligning the ball screws well to the rotating nut assembly/ due to chinese nut out of spec size/ , so now thats what i have to do .then cables and box.
    Thanks. What make of servo / drivers, not sure if this was in the thread somewhere ...

  10. #180
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaz View Post
    Thanks. What make of servo / drivers, not sure if this was in the thread somewhere ...
    Samsung , ebay , Korea
    project 1 , 2, Dust Shoe ...

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •