. .

Thread: Build and Intro

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Hi,

Sorry maybe I should have been clearer. The belt is too big, i.e. tensioner is needed and have made one. Just not sure how tight to pull it. Is it weird that if I pull the belt tight the ball screw bows inward a little bit? Is this normal. It's 1.6m long. Bows in a few mm.
    Last edited by swisscheese; 23-10-2013 at 09:13 AM.

Anyone have any opinions on this?

Also with the pulleys the length of the bore is about 29mm and it has two set screws. The shaft for the pulley on the end of the ball screw is only 15mm long. Should I be concerned that the shaft isn't long enough? Is tightening down the set screws onto the round shaft fine or should I grind down two flat areas on the shaft for the set screw to tighten onto?
    thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by swisscheese View Post
    Anyone have any opinions on this?

thanks in advance
    Yes Grind one small flat the other is fine on round shaft.

There is another option but requires a lathe to do easily. Bore and Thread the Boss end of the pulley the same diameter has the threads on Ballscrew and use this to replace the Locknut on the Fixed end. This then gives full engagement on shaft and combination of grubs screws and threads lock it solid.!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to JAZZCNC For This Useful Post:

Jazz thats a great idea, will look into it, thanks.
    Just a query about the wiring. I have heard you need to wire the emergency stops to stop the ac circuit and you cant wire them in with limit switches because motors will produce power and possibly fry motor drives? Is this true?
    Also ive heard a lot about a 'ground star point' or similar. Can someone take me through this, never really understood it. What grounds go back to it?

Thanks all again

Quote Originally Posted by swisscheese View Post
    Also ive heard a lot about a 'ground star point' or similar. Can someone take me through this, never really understood it. What grounds go back to it?
    Rightly or wrongly I've filed away Jazz's summary at posting.... http://www.mycncuk.com/forums/genera...html#post35083 .... as gospel.

Btw @swisscheese, whereabouts in this great city are you based?
    Last edited by AndyGuid; 01-11-2013 at 03:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyGuid View Post
    Rightly or wrongly I've filed away Jazz's summary at posting.... http://www.mycncuk.com/forums/genera...html#post35083 .... as gospel.

Btw @swisscheese, whereabouts in this great city are you based?
    Thanks for the info, makes sense. I'm located in the south eastern suburbs, Caulfield area.

Here's where the machines at. I finish exams tomorrow so will be working on it full time now

Nice and pretty now all painted.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1715.jpg 
Views:	433 
Size:	302.8 KB 
ID:	10605   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1714.jpg 
Views:	360 
Size:	215.8 KB 
ID:	10604  

Hi all, some help with respect to a motor drive would be really good.

It's a 2m982 driver.

Anyway me being stupid some motor wires got crossed and there was a spark and now it doesn't work is the short of it. I looked a bit on the net and it says it has voltage and amp protection. I opened it up and no current flowed over the 10a 250v fuse. I then got some new fuses, however the ones I brought are an enlarged version, they also don't have the wire coming out the ends. I put this in. I then powered it up and what happens is the PSU powers it for a fraction of a second then the psu shuts off then the red led on PSU dims. I also soldiered a piece of wire where the fuse would be, exactly the same things happens as above. The PSU works fine on the other two drivers.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Don't want to have to wait two weeks for new driver :(

Here's some pics
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PB083698.jpg 
Views:	344 
Size:	149.5 KB 
ID:	10619   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PB073681.jpg 
Views:	313 
Size:	242.7 KB 
ID:	10620  

Anyone have any ideas about the above? I've already brought another but looking at a two week wait

cheers

I once fixed Leadshine DM856 after a short of one wire with ground, changed one mosfet IRF540 and a 2W resistor.
    I have couple of 2M982 on my machine will look in the morning what parts could be the problem on it.

Quote Originally Posted by danilom View Post
    I once fixed Leadshine DM856 after a short of one wire with ground, changed one mosfet IRF540 and a 2W resistor.
    I have couple of 2M982 on my machine will look in the morning what parts could be the problem on it.
    That would be great thanks. Is the easiest way to find what's wrong to get two drivers side by side, one working, one not and pretty much test resistance across the separate components?
    I hooked they driver to PSU with a 5 A fuse between the two. It blew it straight away so somethings shorting.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information