. .
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks for the sketch Dean, if i get round to it i will be going for the same size & format so will be following the thread with interest.

Hi

I think if your building your first router buy and read published plans it will be much easier even if you dont follow them. I built my first using solsylva plans. Solsylva CNC Plans~ Home Page The second one was built from open source but the plans gave me so much step by step help I had learnt loads by then and was more than ready. I know there are many others you should look for reviews. There are many shortcuts such as buying whole pre-manufactured axis's (such as the Z axis) which to be honest really speeds things up and gives much better results but of course they all add cost. Good luck

3. The Following User Says Thank You to shoeswith For This Useful Post:

Hi guys this is all brilliant info and I will defo consider the pre made z axis but I don't think there are plans available for a vertical cnc, it's a suck it and see sort of project but with the help of the forum I'm sure it's doable just got to go through the motions! Jazzcnc thanks a lot your frame design looks a lot better and more practical to build. I will have to try and remember heat does effect the material! A combination of welds and bolts is the answer I guess!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information