. .
    Hi All, hope someone can help...

I'm after a commercial machine for cutting mainly thick plywood and some acrylics. I'll probably never need it for metalwork and speed isn't as important to me as quality and price. Of course I'd like the biggest machine I can get for my budget (less than 10K) and the minimum size I'd consider is about 1000mm x 600mm working area.

So, I hope that describes my requirement... now how on earth do I choose a manufacturer! I've looked at Routeout, Radecal, Heiz and a few others and unlike shopping for many things on the internet there are practically no reviews out there... does anyone have any great advice on who to consider?

Oh and also I don't want to build a machine as I know that's an option to consider!

Many thanks! J

I had a similar requirement myself and these people seemed to be well regarded
    EXEL CNC SL1075 Pro

The other option would be to visit a potential seller and get a demonstration first, but make sure you know which questions to ask and which features of the construction you deem to be important as regards quality.
    Last edited by EddyCurrent; 09-10-2013 at 08:35 PM.

Thanks EddyCurrent, that's yet another one to add to the list! I've always felt like the demo idea is always going to give great results... they're hardly going to demo something that makes their product look bad. I think my worry is that for such a large purchase I want the company to be there to help me out in the coming years, or that if I want to change/upgrade something then I'm not stuck with a product that can't be tinkered with in some way.

I think I just need someone to decide it all for me!

Quote Originally Posted by EddyCurrent View Post
    I had a similar requirement myself and these people seemed to be well regarded
    EXEL CNC SL1075 Pro

The other option would be to visit a potential seller and get a demonstration first, but make sure you know which questions to ask and which features of the construction you deem to be important as regards quality.

Quote Originally Posted by jashington View Post
    Oh and also I don't want to build a machine as I know that's an option to consider!
    Have you considered having one Custom built.?

Hi JazzCNC, well to be honest I'd never even thought it was possible although it does sounds like a good idea. I wouldn't even know where to begin though, any advice is greatly appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    Have you considered having one Custom built.?

Thread Information