Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. #11
    Juan,
    Have a read on this thread about the frame design.

    http://www.mycncuk.com/forums/router...-please-3.html

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to EddyCurrent For This Useful Post:


  3. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    I see a reason.!!!!. . . . They are better.!! . . . and the price difference is not enough to justify not taking advantage of there more advanced features like better resonance handling and stall detect.
    Just because something that it better is available doesn't mean you need something better. The machine will run perfectly well with DQ860MA drivers.
    The cheapest AM882 drivers on aliexpress are currently 56.18 each, versus 37.65 for the DQ860MA. In my opinion it's not worth the extra 18.26 when the machine will be fast enough with either.
    If concerned about stalling, then by all means get two AM882 drivers for the X-axis, but save 36.50 and get cheaper ones for Y and Z.
    Last edited by Jonathan; 04-11-2013 at 01:12 PM.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Jonathan For This Useful Post:


  5. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    In my opinion it's not worth the extra 18.26 when the machine will be fast enough with either.
    If concerned about stalling, then by all means get two AM882 drivers for the X-axis, but save 36.50 and get cheaper ones for Y and Z.
    Nope sorry don't agree at all.!! . . . . Told you before It's not all about speed and the Am882 are so much smoother it's worth paying 18 just for that IMO without all the other advanced features. Why have a lesser machine when for just few quid more it can be all it can be.?

  6. #14
    @Jonathan, I agree there is no need to buy more than you require and I'm not an expert on all the different drivers but for 36 I'm not taking any chances. I once read somewhere a long time ago about a bloke buying power tools, he said he found it always paid to select the model you could afford then buy the next model up.

  7. #15
    Thanks for help me guys, really.
    I bought the screws today, one less thing. Jonathan I can only buy in aliexpress and eBay, I could not find the nema23 you recommended, I have looked similar but I dont know what I need to look about the inductance, could you tell me what models I shoud look.
    And about the Linear Motion they offer me a similar exchangeable for u$s 622 usd instead of the hgr15 for 850 uss, what do you think? should buy it or go for hgr15?

  8. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by jpsicilia View Post
    I bought the screws today, one less thing. Jonathan I can only buy in aliexpress and eBay
    Then you're basically stuck if you want them for a reasonable price. Will CNC4YOU not ship to your country? If not, then you need to find 3Nm (425oz-in) motors with 3.2mH phase inductance. They generally have 4.2A current rating.

    Quote Originally Posted by jpsicilia View Post
    And about the Linear Motion they offer me a similar exchangeable for u$s 622 usd instead of the hgr15 for 850 uss, what do you think? should buy it or go for hgr15?
    It sounds like they're offering you a different brand of rail, e.g. LG or TBI, which is probably fine. Not many people here have bought them yet, so it's hard to compare the quality and even then the differences are likely to be so small it's hard to quantify. The TBI brand rails I got from aliexpress seem fine, so next time I need some I doubt I'll get Hiwin.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Jonathan For This Useful Post:


  10. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    It sounds like they're offering you a different brand of rail, e.g. LG or TBI, which is probably fine. Not many people here have bought them yet, so it's hard to compare the quality and even then the differences are likely to be so small it's hard to quantify. The TBI brand rails I got from aliexpress seem fine, so next time I need some I doubt I'll get Hiwin.
    I've had several sets of TBI linear rails now and they have been fine and while not quite smooth has Hi-win they are still more than good enough and lot cheaper. I've been using SBC Linear rails n.mnow for years and they have been good never given me any trouble, I run them on my own machine and have punished them quite a bit so know they can stand hard life but the TBI feel and work just has good so I've no reason to doubt they will be just has good.!

    Chai is now selling them for those that don't know.!!

  11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JAZZCNC For This Useful Post:


  12. #18
    I bought the rails to linearmotionbearings2008 in ebay usa from a person call Chai ,linearmotionbearings2008 on eBay , I believe its the same guy. He offer the linear rails.

  13. #19
    Hello again, Jonathan I send a mail to CNC4YOU to ask if they can ship to Argentina, anyway I was looking for the NEMA23 you mentioned and found this model Power Motor! Wantai Nema23 Stepper Motor WT57STH115 4204A 428oz in 4.2A Medical Automation Imaging Printing-in Stepper Motor from Industry & Business on Aliexpress.com I think its correct but I want to be sure, and I also found this offer http://www.ebay.com/itm/Germany-Ship...item1e7677983f ,I dont know if DQ542MA drivers work for me or I shoud go for MT880 for the x axis and combine it with other cheaper for the other axes? Really Its easy buy all together but as I sed before I dont now anithing about electronic. Thanks for your time and advice.
    Last edited by jpsicilia; 05-11-2013 at 06:09 PM.

  14. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by jpsicilia View Post
    Hello again, Jonathan I send a mail to CNC4YOU to ask if they can ship to Argentina, anyway I was looking for the NEMA23 you mentioned and found this model Power Motor! Wantai Nema23 Stepper Motor WT57STH115 4204A 428oz in 4.2A Medical Automation Imaging Printing-in Stepper Motor from Industry & Business on Aliexpress.com I think its correct but I want to be sure
    The inductance is marginally worse than the CNC4YOU (and Zapp) motors, but you're unlikely to notice much difference assuming they do actually meet the specifications. I measured the inductance of some of the motors I got from CNC4YOU and it was within tolerance.

    Quote Originally Posted by jpsicilia View Post
    , and I also found this offer 【Germany SHIP Free SHIP】4Axis Nema23 Wantai Stepper Motor 425oz in 4 2A CNC Mill | eBay,I dont know if DQ542MA drivers work for me
    Definately don't buy those drivers. They're only rated for 50V, so they've used 36V power supplies which is far too low. As you increase the speed required from a stepper motor, the supply voltage must be increased to maintain a high torque output. It's therefore best to run the motors you've chosen (or the CNC4You / Zapp ones) at around 70V. You therefore need to pick drivers which are rated for 80V - e.g. DQ860MA, AM882 and no doubt others which are available from Aliexpress.

    Quote Originally Posted by jpsicilia View Post
    shoud go for MT880 for the x axis and combine it with other cheaper for the other axes? Really Its easy buy all together but as I sed before I dont now anithing about electronic.
    Up to you, so long as they're rated for 80V.

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to Jonathan For This Useful Post:


Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. AM882 Alarm Circuit
    By Wobblycogs in forum General Electronics
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 28-03-2014, 06:06 PM
  2. Leadshine website and AM882
    By EddyCurrent in forum General Electronics
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-10-2013, 08:18 PM
  3. AM882 works with Protune - but not with the ZPA5-INT BOB
    By badgerman in forum Motor Drivers & Controllers
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 01-09-2013, 09:44 PM
  4. Problem with AM882 drivers !..... or it could just be me !
    By Buba b in forum Motor Drivers & Controllers
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-04-2013, 09:28 AM
  5. AM882,s and Mach3 ......plus hair removal !!!
    By Buba b in forum Motor Drivers & Controllers
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 26-10-2012, 05:11 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •