. .
Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    But didn't yours Sink Eddy.? . . . . No point being cheap if it's going to compress.!
    Only because I didn't let it cure long enough before tightening it down. I've obviously checked it all again since and It's not moved one bit. If I build another machine I would be using the same stuff again.
    silyavski, it was not nearly as bad as you are making out, remember it was others who said it was a 'disaster' not me.
    Last edited by EddyCurrent; 28-08-2014 at 08:52 AM.
    Spelling mistakes are not intentional, I only seem to see them some time after I've posted

Quote Originally Posted by EddyCurrent View Post
    Only because I didn't let it cure long enough before tightening it down. I've obviously checked it all again since and It's not moved one bit. If I build another machine I would be using the same stuff again.
    silyavski, it was not nearly as bad as you are making out, remember it was others who said it was a 'disaster' not me.
    Could you do the 10g-20g mixture test if you have anything left? To see what happens?

Quote Originally Posted by silyavski View Post
    Could you do the 10g-20g mixture test if you have anything left? To see what happens?
    How should the test be done ? what are we looking for ?
    Spelling mistakes are not intentional, I only seem to see them some time after I've posted

Quote Originally Posted by EddyCurrent View Post
    How should the test be done ? what are we looking for ?
    Just mix a very small amount, 20g in total and see if it hardens well. Should use a precision scale though. The idea is that the epoxies if don't behave well in very small quantities but behave well when mixed half kg for example, are poor quality.
    Last edited by Boyan Silyavski; 28-08-2014 at 10:17 AM.

Thank for your answers.
    Syliavski also thanks for your intention to help
    I will search a little more and if i didnt find anything i will let you know.
    My last search bring me up to this company. Have a look at the page that discribes its products

http://www.5m.cz/en/epoxy-resins/

PR 220 (resin) with EM316 (hardener ) has 120-150 minutes pot life
    PR 220 (resin) with EM317 (hardener ) has 200-250 minutes pot life !!!! but not curing at room temperature

Here in Greece they import only 315 hardener to be combined with PR220 resin. This hardener suppose to be the fast, but it has pot life 50-60 minutes 200 gr at 25C ( when west system 105+209 has 40-50 minutes 100gr at 22 C). When i ask about the price ( here in Greece ) they told me 22 euros+vat but am not sure if they are talking about the PR220 or PR102 resin. Have a look.
    Last edited by ba99297; 28-08-2014 at 08:46 PM.
    The creative adult, is the child who survived

Hi everybody
    Long time has passed since my last post
    It is because after summer holidays, schools starts and (as I am a school teacher-computer science) I had too much work.
    Last night I decide to restart by installing the hiwin profiled rails
    I start with X axis in order to install the master rail. I measure, I mark the holes and then drill with 4mm first and then with 4.2mm in order to tap the m5 bolts.
    Then I bolt two carriages on a steel plate st39 ( not perfectly milled yet ) and then I put the carriages on the rail. The movement isn’t very easy. As I put pressure on the plate, the movement become easier ( as cause of preload overcoming). I didn’t lubricate the rail or the carriage for this first test.
    I didn’t epoxy level the 80X80 beams (where the rails rest) as when I test them against straight edge I didn’t notice more than 0,15mm gap, so I will go on with shimming.
    My questions are

1. Do I have to lubricate the carriages for these first test travels
    2. What will be the normal pressure for moving the carriages
    3. As I apply force in order to overcome the preload forces I hear a sound from the carriages (krrrrrrrr ) is this normal?

Later I will come with photos and videos to show how the carriages move.

Thanks for your time

Vagelis

0.15mm is a pretty huge misalignment for these sorts of rails. The datasheets specify something in the order of micrometers.

1. I would, since if you're having trouble aligning them then you're potentially putting big forces on them, so lubrication might help prevent damage.
    2. About the same as before the rail is mounted. When a flanged carriage is bolted down to a flat surface, the carraige is often designed to distort and apply slightly more preload, so you may notice an increase in friction. However if you leave the carraiges off what they mount on for now, there should be no more friction with the rail bolted down. If there is then your rail is seriously bent.
    3. No ... sounds like the rail, or something, is bent a lot.
    Last edited by Jonathan; 25-11-2014 at 11:48 AM.
    Old router build log here. New router build log here. Lathe build log here.
    Electric motorbike project here.

Hi Vagelis,

You will do it right, just don't be in a hurry. It's a precision work.

Use oil not WD40!!!

RTFM!! Download and read the Hiwin Manual. Where the say about the WD40 by the wayNot oiled makes noise but moves freely
    I told you need straight edge. Spend 60 eur and buy at least the 1meter one. It would easily show your real misalignment spots.
    Don't push anything directly, I mean the bearing blocks. Work around them so everything is straight and so that screws are in the middle of the hole. Where necessary to widen holes.
    Last edited by Boyan Silyavski; 25-11-2014 at 04:29 PM.

Jonathan and Syliavski thanks for your comments.
    Syliavski i have already bought 1200mm straight edge
    I think that first i have to perfectly mill the plates where the carriages are bolted
    Using the straight edge i must then shim the rails to be perfectly flat
    Another two question
    1. I read the hiwin maual and it says ( for carriages lubrcation ) to use lithium soap base grease. Is tha a MUST or i could use oil ( and what oil ) instead of grease.
    2. Do we also lubricate the rails or only the carriages?

Thenks for your participation

Hi Vagelis ,
    I am happy you are on board again
    I do not think you have big preload -Z1?
    Fist I think krrr is not critical , lubricant will help to reach prrrrr.:)
    I only have an use bearing at home so I am waiting the sound result.
    The pushing force is a good feedback I suppose
    Regards
    István

Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread Information