. .
    Lives in Barrow in Furness, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 23 Hours Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 786. Received thanks 96 times, giving thanks to others 176 times.
    Hi Guys
    I am about to do the electrics on a house i have been working on(new build) and would appreciate some advice regards ring main circuits as i know there are a lot of you out there that are very knowledgeable re-electrics.
    Done the surfing about not cutting the cable when doing a ring main and that seems to be totally impractical, but i don't like the idea of just twisting two wires together when joining them in a socket, after working in a Shipyard for the majority of my years i am used to seeing cable ends terminated with a crimp fitting of the appropriate type. is there a crimp that would be suitable for joining 2 off 2.5mm with a tail that would go into a domestic socket ? the only alternative i could think of would be to solder the two wires and that would damage the insulation and would the require shrink sleeve.
    Thanks guys
    Mike

Do not twist the cores or crimp or solder them. Simply strip the insulation to the required length and terminate in the correct position.. If you twist, crimp or solder them then your electrician wont be able to get them apart again when he comes to test the installation.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Web Goblin For This Useful Post:

Thread Information