. .
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Lives in Barrow in Furness, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 23 Hours Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 786. Received thanks 96 times, giving thanks to others 176 times.
    That works for me, the only thing i find annoying is getting to the last post, i use the column on the right and click on anything of interest, but then have to scroll down to the bottom of the page to go to last comment this gets a bit tiresome, as a rule if i get an e-mail regarding a thread the link takes me to the last post.

Quote Originally Posted by mekanik View Post
    That works for me, the only thing i find annoying is getting to the last post, i use the column on the right and click on anything of interest, but then have to scroll down to the bottom of the page to go to last comment this gets a bit tiresome, as a rule if i get an e-mail regarding a thread the link takes me to the last post.
    There's a setting in your profile to make the post order the other way round, so most recent posts are at the top of the page. That's what I use, so when I click on any of the threads it seems to take me to the most recent post...

Quote Originally Posted by John S View Post
    If you want to make improvements Lee then lets have embedded pictures.
    The post above this has a pic, dump.png but you have to click it and when you return via the back button you are back on post # 1 again.
    For you, do images not display in the thread like this:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mycncimage (Medium).png 
Views:	246 
Size:	1.65 MB 
ID:	10430
    Last edited by Jonathan; 14-10-2013 at 01:22 PM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Jonathan For This Useful Post:

Right, will try that still be nice to see the pics instead of a blue link which is often missed like here

Now see we do have some semblance of the latest posts shoehorned in between the RH menu bar and the forums.

WTF is wrong is saying sorry fücked up, I'll put it back instead of making porridge for one ? No just have to change everything to prove a point.

Lee, did you program the Yahoo Neo pages ? that's another fück up and they aren't going back either.
    fact is they are loosing advertising by the gallon but hey we are right.

Just went back to see how this looked and there is a thread two days old above my thread at a minute old.
    Aren't we on the Gregorian calendar not the Roman one ?
    Last edited by John S; 14-10-2013 at 01:30 PM.
    John S -

Lives in Barrow in Furness, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 23 Hours Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 786. Received thanks 96 times, giving thanks to others 176 times.
    For you, do images not display in the thread like this:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mycncimage (Medium).png 
Views:	246 
Size:	1.65 MB 
ID:	10430[/QUOTE]

Thanks for that Jonathan.
    Yes the images display OK i can open with no problem & closing the image returns me to the thread
    Mike

Don't really want to digress from this IMPORTANT thread but noticed threads are going missing has well.?? . . . . Surprisingly it's one from a machine manufacturer who's machine took some negative feedback and hard time from both Jonathan and Me.

WTF point of the forum if we can't give our opinions without them getting deleted if the party who offered it up for PUBLIC comment and critique doesn't like what we say.
    WTF point of Jon and Me sharing our knowledge and experience for the benefit of Forum members if it gets deleted because it makes someone uncomfortable.

If a machine can't stand upto close scrutiny then it should be exposed or highlighted for the sake of others. Wise business men would take Negative feedback and turn it positive not whine about it.!!

Hell this very close scrutiny and informing others stopped one Shister from ripping more people off and producing unsafe machines. The people who came out the closet and spoke up to me privately out of embarrassment about being ripped off and in some cases plane duped out of money never to see a machine was unbelievable and this was directly because of that thread..!! . . It's not fair to Forum members or morally correct to delete inoffensive threads just because we haven't blown smoke up the manufactures arse.!

Now I'm not saying the company or person in the deleted thread is in anyway ripping people off because they are not and neither am I saying machine is unsafe because it's not. . . I'm just Pissed off with Sensorship to keep the few or the ONE happy at the expense of the many.

LEE grow some Bollocks and stop pampering to advertisers or potential advertisers. In the long run the forum will become better because of it's experienced members standing no rubbish and giving sound informative advise and the Forum members will respect the forum more for it and frequent more often, This alone will bring in new advertisers.
    Tell the whining manufactures to go get stuffed or better still put there house in order.!! . . . . Just like you should put yours back in Order before those that make the forum so popular tell it to go get stuffed.!!!

Rant over Lads so get back on with BEGGING and PLEADING for OUR FORUM to be like WE THE ONES WHO TAKE TIME TO VISIT would like it to be.!! . .
    Last edited by JAZZCNC; 14-10-2013 at 08:53 PM.

Hi Jazz,

Could the 'missing thread' be due to your settings (settings > general) ? There is a "Default Thread Age Cut Off" option which on mine is set to "site default". Not clear how long this is, but there are other age limit options past which threads are not shown.

On the forum layout discussion I was also disappointed to see the lastest post list had been removed . . .
    Building a CNC machine to make a better one since 2010 . . .
    MK1 (1st photo), MK2, MK3, MK4

This is not directly related to this thread but I am surprised at the small number of people who actually respond to any threads on this forum (ps I've just supped a 6 pack of guinness so go easy)
    and then there's loads of threads where the OP just disappears.Name:  vomit.gif
Views: 415
Size:  5.6 KB
    Last edited by EddyCurrent; 14-10-2013 at 10:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by routercnc View Post
    Hi Jazz,

Could the 'missing thread' be due to your settings (settings > general) ? There is a "Default Thread Age Cut Off" option which on mine is set to "site default". Not clear how long this is, but there are other age limit options past which threads are not shown.
    Nope it's been deleted that's for sure.!!

Quote Originally Posted by EddyCurrent View Post
    This is not directly related to this thread but I am surprised at the small number of people who actually respond to any threads on this forum (ps I've just supped a 6 pack of guinness so go easy)
    Erm Guinness that's sounds like a plan but I've only 2 cans left.!!

Yes your correct and exactly why it's important this feature gets put back because those like me who do respond encourage others to do so.
    The side bar active threads doesn't show enough threads so when they get knocked off the list they are doomed and won't get any reply quickly when it''s needed or even at all because I'm not prepared to trawl thru threads and I'm sure lots of others won't either.
    Same goes for those posting a build thread seeking advise or critique to help develop or improve there design, they will hardly see anyone after it drops off the very short list.!! . . . This layout suits and benefits nobody, except Lee for some reason.?
    Last edited by JAZZCNC; 14-10-2013 at 10:23 PM.

Yes you are correct, after the thread drops off the bottom it's gone but what is the answer ?
    I put my electrical drawings on my build log for review but got not one response ? it's not sour grapes because I don't care, I'm confident that my finished drawing will be correct, I just thought it might benefit others without an electrical background such as myself.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information