. .
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    the new, new posts thing generates a search which will load the server and slow the site down at a guess.

Current layout at 23.46 is ,er , user hostile...

Hopefully good sense will prevail and will be back to normal tomorrow because it's Proper Fucked up has it stands now.!!

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    Hopefully good sense will prevail and will be back to normal tomorrow because it's Proper Fucked up has it stands now.!!
    Doubt it.
    Never listened to public opinion before.
    John S -

As a newbie this backward step has certainly bamboozled me!

Why take away functionality that worked so well?

Just come on to see what's going on here and the latest post bit's gone at the top of the page??? That was what I used to see what was happening at a glance. I certainly won't go trawling through all the forum to see what's new, I simply don't have the time (or the inclination) to do that. Please put it back Lee, it's a step in the wrong direction as far as I can see. Out of interest what was the thinking behind it, how are we to see what the latest posts are without scrolling down through the various sections?
    Neil...

Build log...here

I normally steer well clear of these threads, but honestly the latest posts part of the site is its heart. Everyone will agree its their favourite feature,

Personally its the only thing I use on site... (not to digress, but It used to be even better and has already been reduced down once...)

Anyway, Id really appreciate it if you could put it back to the way it was last week....

thankyou please

ps ... you may also want tot turn down the error reporting on the live environment as its spamming out warnings as the moment

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dump.png 
Views:	253 
Size:	46.1 KB 
ID:	10427

Plus when you manage to find the thread to takes you to post #1 every time, not the last unread post.

So far not one vote for the new / crap look.

If you want to make improvements Lee then lets have embedded pictures.
    The post above this has a pic, dump.png but you have to click it and when you return via the back button you are back on post # 1 again.

Started to read that built in a month thread yesterday but gave up as there were so many pictures it got painful after the first few scrolling and clicking.
    John S -

Added
    I have show signature ticked - no signature ?
    John S -

Glad it's not just me. I thought i'd changed something in my profile settings by accident which had changed the layout!

I've gotta agree with others that removing the most useful part of the main forum page (IMHO) is a bit weird. I guess there must be some logic behind it, but can't for the life of me work out what it is ???

Si.

Quote Originally Posted by John S View Post
    The post above this has a pic, dump.png but you have to click it and when you return via the back button you are back on post # 1 again.

Started to read that built in a month thread yesterday but gave up as there were so many pictures it got painful after the first few scrolling and clicking.
    John, you can click the Close button, bottom right of the pop-up image and it should take you back to the thread position you started from or use the escape key on your keyboard for the same effect.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information