Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1
    Hi
    I know the basics, and have built an MDF router machine and used whatever I could get hold of.

    I'm now looking to build a bigger machine ... probably 4x4' possibly 8x4... to cut upto 18mm thick MDF

    The info I'm after is Chinese suppliers, and their reliability/reputation ???

    I'm looking to buy a water-cooled spindle from chia ...

    where should I buy the controller ?

    I'm located in Coventry. I hear there is a Ally channel supplier in Hinkley ? are they any good ? price ? quality ?

    I'm thinking R&P from WMH Transmissions Ltd - Home
    Any feedback on them ?

    Rails and bearings ??? UK or Chia ? any advise where to buy from ?


    Thanks all ... and please tell me if there is a better place to ask these questions :)
    Thanks
    Richard

  2. #2
    asbo's Avatar
    Lives in Norwich, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 05-10-2015 Has been a member for 4-5 years. Has a total post count of 46. Received thanks 8 times, giving thanks to others 1 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Want2build1 View Post
    I'm looking to buy a water-cooled spindle from chia ...
    IMO its best to buy one from the UK because once you add the import duty at around 20 - 30 they work out about the same, plus should ever need to return it it'll be easier. I'm saying that as someone who bought one from China
    227 from China + VAT or import or whatever its called.
    250 from the UK

  3. #3
    Try Fred from bst automation, as it maybe a bit cheaper then using PayPal with chai. As for spindles, I got mine from chai when I bought my rails and such and I got charged 20 for the lot

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by jcb121 View Post
    Try Fred from bst automation, as it maybe a bit cheaper then using PayPal with chai
    I tend to agree. If in doubt, buy from aliexpress.

  5. #5
    Thanks
    The double vote is worth much more than 2x a single vote :)
    I will look at them both

    Richard

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    I tend to agree. If in doubt, buy from aliexpress.
    Well I don't agree at all.!! . . . . . Why would you risk buying from an unknown supplier on Ali express to save 20-50 max when you can buy from Chai who is trusted and provides quick service. . . . .Your already saving plenty of money over UK suppliers so it's unnecessary risk IMO unless supplier is known quick reliable willing to replace faulty or damaged stuff and the saving worth it.
    To save 20 I wouldn't bother and have piece of mind Chai will sort any issues if they arise.!!

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    Why would you risk buying from an unknown supplier on Ali express to save 20-50 max when you can buy from Chai who is trusted and provides quick service
    I bought my ball screws from Chai and they arrived okay but one difference is I had to pay up front for the stuff whereas with Ali express the supplier gets paid only when the stuff has arrived and you are happy.
    Last edited by EddyCurrent; 24-10-2013 at 08:01 PM.

  8. #8
    My comment was meant more in general, hence why I didn't specify 'when buying ballscrews'. I have no problems with ordering from Chai, as his prices tend to be reasonable, however if I see something cheaper on aliexpress I'll get it as (due to the reason Eddy just mentioned) the risk is negligible and I see no reason to refuse to change supplier and miss out.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    My comment was meant more in general, hence why I didn't specify 'when buying ballscrews'. I have no problems with ordering from Chai, as his prices tend to be reasonable, however if I see something cheaper on aliexpress I'll get it as (due to the reason Eddy just mentioned) the risk is negligible and I see no reason to refuse to change supplier and miss out.
    Ok must confess I haven't used Ali express and thou I had seen about not paying until after arriving didn't realise this was All suppliers on Ali express.! . . Is this the case and it's all suppliers.?

    If so then agreed worth a look if enough saving but I'm a big believer in loyalty and know the value in building up a relationship with a supplier and in Chai's case this has helped me and few others in the past.!

    On same note for one off builds then I can see the temptation to save the Dosh.!!

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    Ok must confess I haven't used Ali express and thou I had seen about not paying until after arriving didn't realise this was All suppliers on Ali express.! . . Is this the case and it's all suppliers.?
    As far as I know that's the system for all suppliers. I've bought from 5 different suppliers there and each time only paid when I confirmed that the order arrived in good condition.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. The 2.2Kw Chinese Spindles - Info, Setup and Advice + More
    By Husky in forum Generic Chinese Spindles
    Replies: 165
    Last Post: 26-09-2017, 09:05 PM
  2. UK cnc kit suppliers
    By Web Goblin in forum Marketplace Discussion
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 30-07-2013, 07:33 PM
  3. servo controller suppliers
    By spluppit in forum Motor Drivers & Controllers
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 25-04-2013, 03:02 PM
  4. Cheapest suppliers of Alu?
    By Shinobiwan in forum Marketplace Discussion
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-01-2013, 08:34 PM
  5. Acrylic suppliers
    By Web Goblin in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 24-10-2011, 09:11 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •