. .
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    As far as I know that's the system for all suppliers. I've bought from 5 different suppliers there and each time only paid when I confirmed that the order arrived in good condition.
    Ok that's sounding good then, I'll bare this in mind has I'm going to be sourcing some Servos and ATC spindle soon.!

so . off topic a bit ... is AliExpress sort of like paypal ? a payment gateway with protection ?

Yes I think that's how I see it but maybe more like ebay and paypal combined

"AliExpress brings you quality products at wholesale prices on even the smallest orders. Part of Alibaba.com, AliExpress offers minimum orders as low as 1 item, buyer protection and express delivery with full tracking. AliExpress currently hosts more than 5,900 different types of products from over 44 different industries, including the following: Apparel & Accessories, Automobiles & Motorcycles, Mobile Phones, Computer Hardware & Software, Electronics, Health & Beauty, Lights & Lighting, Luggage, Bags & Cases, Security & Protection, Shoes & Accessories, Toys & Hobbies, Watches & Jewelry and Wedding Supplies."
    Last edited by EddyCurrent; 24-10-2013 at 09:09 PM.

I've become a bit of an ali whore lately as I have more patience than money :-)

It just sells eveything and I love it. Things are always sent recorded and haven't had a bad experience yet.

One thing to remember with the Portsmouth sellers is that Portsmouth is only a bonded warehouse that ships out.
    All queries / problems are dealt with in China and they can piss you about starting with the
    "Send us a video of the part not working " ??? It's a valve for fooks sake it doesn't move when working.

Then they wait in the hopes you get pissed off and then when you think you are getting somewhere you get

"Send us a video of the part not working "

You have to cost into the savings, can I repair this if needed. I bought a laser cutter and the answer was yes given that the most expensive part was cheaper to bu that what a machine in the UK cost.

Spindles ? no way. There are about 6 or 7 companies out there making and selling spindles but loads selling them, where do you think the seconds go and returns ?

Too much unchecked stuff floating about.
    John S -

ok ... so can I be more specific :) I'll ask about one component at a time ...

Any recommendations on where to buy a spindle ?
    What power should I consider for cutting MDF ? (and as with most people , there is that desire to cut ally ! lol )
    (I'm currently using a 500w Bosch Router)
    should I get the VFD with the spindle ?
    Stateside, they seem to like the Hitachi controlers ?

Whatever spindle you get I would highly recommend one with an ER20 collet so you can use up to 1/2" shank cutters.
    As you will be aware there is a wide choice and even wider price range so it might be easier to set your price range first then see what's available within it.
    I know the 1.5kw and 2.2kw Chinese spindles are popular and come packaged with a VFD all at a very good price, myself I went for an Elte spindle and an ABB inverter
    because I want it to work and keep on working. The spindle was expensive but what I'll save building the machine myself will cover it and as it's for the wife and me to use
    I thought we were worth it.
    Last edited by EddyCurrent; 25-10-2013 at 10:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Want2build1 View Post
    Any recommendations on where to buy a spindle ?
    Yes.

What power should I consider for cutting MDF ? (and as with most people , there is that desire to cut ally ! lol )
    Depends how fast you want to cut it, but generally people get the 2.2kW spindle simply because it has the larger collet size.

should I get the VFD with the spindle ?
    Yes. I don't know anyone whose broken one in normal use.

Whilst were on the subject of spindles ... I keep forgetting, I have a Freud 2.2kw router 1/2" collet with speed control, that I haven't used for years ! ... what are the advantages of a water cooled spindle, over using a big router ?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information