. .
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Laser diode (445) engraved on Baltic Birch Plywood using gcode generated by PicEngrave Pro 4.

Engraved at a 45°angle with .006 inch raster line spacing. Original engraving size 6 x 8 inches.

John Champlain
    PicEngrave CNC Image Engraving Software

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gene Autry2.jpg 
Views:	769 
Size:	377.8 KB 
ID:	10507
    Last edited by Picengraver; 27-10-2013 at 12:02 AM. Reason: Misspelling

I engraved this one today. Same settings as above.
    John Champlain

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Churchill 2.jpg 
Views:	493 
Size:	327.5 KB 
ID:	10511

For those who may have interest, the link below is to a short video of laser diode engraving. Gcode generated by PicEngrave Pro 4+Laser (PicEngrave CNC Image Engraving Software)

Thank You,
    John Champlain
    Last edited by Lee Roberts; 08-11-2013 at 02:57 PM. Reason: Added vid to post

Great. How i make one to myself, the laser i mean?

I think if you search about there are details of using a diode from an old CD or Blue Ray player.
    Spelling mistakes are not intentional, I only seem to see them some time after I've posted

I searched, and reread some info many times, though as i am messed up with other projects, if there was a laser diode kit i would buy it for saving time.

But the results amaze me. Really.

silyavski,

Thank you for your interest and compliments.

There really are no "kits" that I know of, but reading the 'Laser Diode Setup" paper posted on my web site (PicEngrave CNC Image Engraving Software) will perhaps be a good start.

Afterwards, please let me know if you have more questions.

Best Regards,
    John Champlain
    I try to learn from my mistakes, so I make at least one every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Picengraver View Post
    There really are no "kits" that I know of, . . .
    Maybe that's what you need to do then, make up and sell some kits.
    Spelling mistakes are not intentional, I only seem to see them some time after I've posted

Thank you, I have considered it, but I've already retired twice now, and just not sure I'm up to the challenge now of starting another business venture this late in life. That's something for a younger and more energetic person.
    John
    I try to learn from my mistakes, so I make at least one every day.

Hi everyone,

John invited me here to join this forum and his discussion about laser diode engraving. I own a CNC machine shop in Florida and me and my son developed this analog modulation laser diode engraving process using standard g-codes in Mach3 a year and a half ago. We started out using PhotoVcarve as our image to g-code program, but determined that it had it's limitations for laser diode engraving.

Thanks to John's hard work and considerable Beta testing between us both, he has updated his Picengrave Pro image to g-code program to become a very unique, one of kind software that enhances this LD engraving process considerably. It has options for 4th axis rotary, TTL, variable feedrate, and spindle type of engravings like Lithophanes all in one program also.

Thanks John for being so patient with me and implementing all the program change requests I threw at you!!

Here is one of my favorite mirror engravings done with his excellent program using analog modulation. It is possible to get shades on mirrors using a laser diode and PEP 4 where a dithered 1bit image using a pulsed CO2 laser can't.

Jeff
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Spirit2.jpg 
Views:	345 
Size:	130.8 KB 
ID:	11651  
    Last edited by JJWMACHINECO; 20-02-2014 at 10:54 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information