. .

Thread: Chop saws

Any recommendations for a good chop saw for cutting steel tube and aluminium? Mitre cutting would be nice but not essential.

I'm in the same boat Ian, I bought a blade to fit on my chop saw at £54, a metal cutting metal blade. It lasted 4 cuts. It's going back but I need to get one sorted for the weekend. I'm looking at hiring one for a couple of weeks as I'll not use it again. Look forward to the replies tho

3. My Rage3 with a quality Bosch TCT blade handled everything I threw at it, but if all you want is a chop saw then consider the more powerful Rage2 chop saw.

The standard blades as supplied are fine for alloy (with some cutting fluid if you're doing a lot) but I'd upgrade to the better blade for steel. Again cutting fluid will help blade life.

Have been looking at this one also a Rage 3 but slightly different spec to what screwfix state. Can you confirm which spec is correct please Irving or are they perhaps two different versions of the same model.

Evolution Rage 3 - 255mm/10" Compound Sliding Mitre Saw (230V) - Machine Mart

5. My link is to a 1500w motor @ £169, yours is a 2000w motor @ £203, both inc VAT, otherwise same machine...

Thanks, think I'm going to try the Rage 2, better cutting capacity.

Hi Ian, i just bought a clarke mitre chop saw and five new blades for £50 from gumtree, a friend contacted me through facebook at 8.25pm, by 10pm i was back home with saw and blades, im well chuffed. Gumtree might be an option for you, if you dont want to fork out a lot of money?

alex

Seems like a good find/deal Alex, well done. I'll keep an eye out over the next few days.

9. Quote Originally Posted by irving2008 View Post
    My Rage3 with a quality Bosch TCT blade handled everything I threw at it, but if all you want is a chop saw then consider the more powerful Rage2 chop saw.

The standard blades as supplied are fine for alloy (with some cutting fluid if you're doing a lot) but I'd upgrade to the better blade for steel. Again cutting fluid will help blade life.
    I can recommend the rage 2, mine has been great. Only got through one blade so far and it has seen a lot of use. make sure you have full eye protection - the chips are pretty violent!!

little bit cheaper from FFX.
    http://www.ffx.co.uk/tools/product/E...f%20Saw%20240V
    Last edited by JoeHarris; 21-03-2014 at 02:25 PM.

I went for one of these in the end, it's been excellent so far.

Evolution Raptor 355

EVO 355 Raptor - 355mm Cut Off Saw - YouTube

Thread Information