. .
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Sorry to drag up an old thread, but I think it's probably better than starting a new one about the same subject. I did ask a question in my upgrade thread here but I am not sure how many people bother reading my drivel.

Anyway I need some right angle connectors for my project, and ideally GX16 as this is what I am using currently, and it would hopefully mean just a plug change.

Having struggled to source them in the UK, I found this site which has a good selection of parts and is cheap, but it's in China. Ultimately I need 1 x 3 pin (going to use this on the spindle so if can't get plugged into any of the signal inputs/outputs) 4 x 2 pin and 3 x 4 pin. I can find 4 pin parts that look similar in the UK but they lack and technical specs, so I am not sure if they are the same.

The other option is to replace that whole lot with something like the XLR connectors that Clive linked to. I am guessing that as I am using shielded cable I would need an extra pin for it as well.

I think I am swayed towards importing from the above site, they have an Ebay store with 96% feedback so I think it's genuine, hopefully the worst case is a bit of import duty.

Any thoughts or suggestions are welcome.

Regards,

Les

I had a look about but could not find the 2 pin ones, they appear to be used in CB and other radio applications. XLR's are generally 3 pin so should be okay, they are pretty robust too.

This is a good place.

Cables & Connectors at Studiospares

Also I do read your drivel
    Last edited by EddyCurrent; 24-03-2014 at 10:47 AM.
    Spelling mistakes are not intentional, I only seem to see them some time after I've posted

GX16 are easy to get hold of. I have 2, 3, 4, 6 and 8 pin chassis mount + Plugs to fit, if anyone needs them PM me if you do. Mike

Quote Originally Posted by EddyCurrent View Post
    I had a look about but could not find the 2 pin ones, they appear to be used in CB and other radio applications. XLR's are generally 3 pin so should be okay, they are pretty robust too.

This is a good place.

Cables & Connectors at Studiospares

Also I do read your drivel
    Thanks Ed, they have a good selection of XLR's on that site. (Nice to know someone reads my drivel too!)

Quote Originally Posted by longy View Post
    GX16 are easy to get hold of. I have 2, 3, 4, 6 and 8 pin chassis mount + Plugs to fit, if anyone needs them PM me if you do. Mike
    Indeed they are Mike, but a tad harder to find in right angled variants.

Regards,

Les

Quote Originally Posted by Pointy View Post
    Indeed they are Mike, but a tad harder to find in right angled variants.Les
    Les, I've not come across those angled ones before but I'll check with my supplier to see if they have them. You could always mount the chassis angled downwards and use the standard type plugs might be cheaper than buying angled GX16's

Mike

Thanks Mike.

I have ordered some from that Chinese site. If I get hit with import duties it will work out about £3 for a plug and socket, which is still cheap.

Regards,

Les

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information