. .
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I intend to use these 4 pin, round terminals for each stepper motor this time round, something like these

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/4-x-Neutrik-N...9Uw~~60_12.JPG

so I need one female connector (that can be mounted to a plate) and one male connector per stepper
    i need 4 cores per connection
    cable thickness is 2.5mm

Can anybody recommend a good supplier? Part Codes, product codes etc, what to ask for?

Matt

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 15 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.

3. XLR connectors can be used, they are a bit bulky and are really aimed at audio applications.

The ideal connectors are known as GX16 but it can be tricky to find female chassis versions, normally the chassis connectors are male.

I think either Jonathan or JohnS found a source...

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 15 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    Quote Originally Posted by irving2008 View Post
    XLR connectors can be used, they are a bit bulky and are really aimed at audio applications.

The ideal connectors are known as GX16 but it can be tricky to find female chassis versions, normally the chassis connectors are male.

Irving do you mean these:- Free Shipping 20pair 4 Pin Male & Female Diameter 16mm Wire Panel Connector GX16 circular connector Socket Plug-in Connectors from Electrical Equipment & Supplies on Aliexpress.com

I use the others as I like the boot on the cable end and the chassis type socket. But I decided to go with 1mm CY cable as I find the 1.5mm harder to fit into the plug and 1 mm cable is plenty big enough as long as the motor leads are kept to a reasonable length ... Clive

Same here ... they seem fine.

Quote Originally Posted by irving2008 View Post
    Me, here:
    http://www.mycncuk.com/forums/market...spindle-2.html
    Worth bearing in mind the exposed pins if this is not for yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by kingcreaky View Post
    i need 4 cores per connection
    cable thickness is 2.5mm
    What stepper motors are you using and what is their currnt rating? 2.5mm seems a lot.

Do you really need plug & socket connectors ? how many times are you going to unplug them ?

In my case I have two machines and one power supply, I have two profiles set up so that I can use either ..Clive

I can understand it with the power supply maybe, profiles will be via the software ?

Quote Originally Posted by EddyCurrent View Post
    I can understand it with the power supply maybe, profiles will be via the software ?
    Sorry I did not quite make my self clear. By profile I mean that I have a lathe and mill so the motor tuning etc is different for both so I have a mill profile and lathe profile setup in Linuxcnc so which ever machine I have plugged in I just use the correct profile.

With my router I am building a new control box so that will be stand alone. ...Clive

here you go.

Knights Electrocom
    If the nagging gets really bad......Get a bigger shed:naughty:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information