. .
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Hiya every one,

I'm hoping someone can help me.

I'm new to cnc and learning.

Managed to draw a part finally and am looking to get it into gcode for mach3 but lazycam is suitable.

Here is my 3d part.
    Simple File Sharing and Storage.

Could someone tell me if it works and what program it will convert to gcode in.

Many thanks.

Becky

I failed to open the file

Did you select download?

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 12 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    It openend for me and it seems to say it is a track plate.dxf file but it only opens with line number and text.

you can post a dxf file on the forum. Clive

Yep, it's a track plate, when you click on the link above it will open it in browser. Along the top it will have down load. Click this and it will download the file which will open in a dxf software

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 12 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebekah_harper View Post
    Yep, it's a track plate, when you click on the link above it will open it in browser. Along the top it will have down load. Click this and it will download the file which will open in a dxf software
    Yes I downloaded the file but I could not get AutoCad2004 to open it. Is this a 3D file? to convert to Gcode you will need a Cam program . ..Clive

Yes it is, I'll make sure what version I saved it as. I am using 2013

track plate 2004

this was saved as a 2004 version

Quote Originally Posted by Rebekah_harper View Post
    track plate 2004

this was saved as a 2004 version
    I have opened it now but if you are learning cnc I think you will find that that part will be difficult to machine and I am sorry but is beyond me at this time. I think you will need a Cam program to convert it to gcode. But I am sure somebody will step in and help out. Good luck. ..Clive

Ok, thank you for trying.

Good thing is that I am gaining control of cad software.

Just need a cam program that will deal with 3d parts

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information