. .
    Hello,

One of the water hose connectors on my chinese 1.5kw spindle decided to just fall off!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	spindle.jpg 
Views:	702 
Size:	595.3 KB 
ID:	10585

Does anyone know where to get a replacement?

Thanks,

James
    Last edited by cncJim; 05-11-2013 at 05:37 PM.

If you're a bit too enthusiastic with the spanner they do snap. I just made a replacement on the lathe when mine broke. There was a thread about it recently, but I'm struggling to find it. On the 2.2kw spindle it's a 1mm pitch thread, and I think it's either M8 or M10.

P.S. If it's urgent, you can safely run the spindle for a short time at low power without the water cooling.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    If you're a bit too enthusiastic with the spanner they do snap. I just made a replacement on the lathe when mine broke. There was a thread about it recently, but I'm struggling to find it. On the 2.2kw spindle it's a 1mm pitch thread, and I think it's either M8 or M10.

P.S. If it's urgent, you can safely run the spindle for a short time at low power without the water cooling.
    Would this be the thread: http://www.mycncuk.com/forums/router...vice-more.html ..Clive

Thanks for the info regarding running withour cooling good to know.

Found this which seems to fit the bill - M8 Male Threaded 4mm x 6mm Air Hose Pneumatic Fitting Straight Quick Coupler: Amazon.co.uk: DIY & Tools

Will measure up tonight and then order.

for the sake of thread completeness.... I bought the above fittings and they did the job!

They took a long time to arrive but great idea to inform others they worked.
    Spelling mistakes are not intentional, I only seem to see them some time after I've posted

thanks eddy! - i find it annoying when threads just end with no conclusion so I thought I had try and stop doing it myself!

Thread Information