Good day all.

I am looking for some advice before I start building my new workshop.

As said above I am looking to start building a new workshop at the bottom of my garden soon.
And I am looking for advice with regards to getting power to the new workshop.
I am looking at needing no more then 5kw (22A) of power usage at any one time in the workshop, but it's approx 40m from where the workshop will be to where the houses main Fuse/RCD panel is.
I have been reading about on google, and fully understand that I will need armoured cable.
Looking at online it seems that I will need cable with a core area of 4.0-6.0mm2.
The other thing I have read is regarding the earthing of the new workshop, I find one post saying it's safe to use the earth coming from the house, and other posts saying that the workshop should not be connected to the houses earth, but have it's own earth rods fitted.
I would like to under take all the fitting and wiring, and have a qualified electrician go over it all, and sign it off.
I am also looking at putting the armoured cable inside conduit that way if I need to add any more wires later I can just pull them though.
So can anyone here give me any advice, or a list of web sites to try and find out more details.

Thanks for your time.

Best Regards.