. .
    Afternoon
    Are there any machine couriers on here or can recomend one i bought a lathe 250kg, L 1000mm W 700mm H 800mm needs to get it from brum to leicestershire and dumped in my front yard i can hopefully manage it from there.
    i should have worried about it before buying but there you go.
    What should i be looking to pay?
    Last edited by dazza; 09-11-2013 at 07:13 PM.

Lives in Cardiff, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 25-10-2022 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 699. Received thanks 29 times, giving thanks to others 1 times.
    throw it on a pallet and use a courier.

Pallet Couriers UK Nationwide & European Pallet Distribution
    Last edited by i2i; 09-11-2013 at 10:13 PM.

3. National Pallets as per i2i's suggestion, or if whoever you bought it of is incapable of getting it on a pallet, stick it up on shiply and see what offers you get.
    Given the relatively short distance, you might find somebody on shiply that's just as cheap, and it only takes 5 minutes to stick up a request.

Lives in Colchester, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 04-04-2017 Has been a member for 4-5 years. Has a total post count of 2.
    Hi Deisel

If you still need to get your lathe shifted speak with these guys haulage services . They have real human beings on the other end of the phone and will try to put you in touch with a local haulier or 'owner driver'.

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 10 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    Quote Originally Posted by age View Post
    Hi Deisel

If you still need to get your lathe shifted speak with these guys haulage services . They have real human beings on the other end of the phone and will try to put you in touch with a local haulier or 'owner driver'.
    Welcome to the forum age. Have you noticed that the date was 2013 so I would think the job has now been done.
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Lives in Colchester, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 04-04-2017 Has been a member for 4-5 years. Has a total post count of 2.
    Quote Originally Posted by Clive S View Post
    Welcome to the forum age. Have you noticed that the date was 2013 so I would think the job has now been done.
    Ahahah! Whatta numpty. Some of the dates do confuse me a bit though.

I've heard very good things of LandyLift, they offer a true rigger service rather than simply courier so you will know your machine has spent the entire journey the right way up and securely strapped down ;-)

- Nick
    You think that's too expensive? You're not a Model Engineer are you? :D

Quote Originally Posted by Clive S View Post
    But it never hurts to add relevant helpful information to a thread, people often search a forum later for information you know ;-)
    You think that's too expensive? You're not a Model Engineer are you? :D

Quote Originally Posted by magicniner View Post
    I've heard very good things of LandyLift, they offer a true rigger service rather than simply courier so you will know your machine has spent the entire journey the right way up and securely strapped down ;-)

- Nick

Yup, he is top!
    https://emvioeng.com
    Machine tools and 3D printing supplies. Expanding constantly.

10. Quote Originally Posted by magicniner View Post

- Nick
    Ive used him before too, really good.

Thread Information