. .
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Help !
    the order for the PV panel failed. The cancelled the transaction for security reasons.....
    I have this message ...

To avoid order cancellation, please follow the below steps to submit a claim:
    1.Sign in to AliExpress
    2.Go to My Orders and locate this order
    3.Click “View Details”
    4.Click “Want to Claim”
    5.Submit the following documents:
    •A copy of your personal ID or passport if you used a personal card for the transaction or a copy of your business registration if you used a business card
    •A copy of both sides of the card used
    •A copy of the bank statement for the card used

Just a gentle reminder - a bank statement is a document that shows all the money that went into or out of your bank account during a particular period of time. If needed, you can contact your bank to get this document.

For security reasons, please conceal the middle digits of your card number. However, please make sure that we can locate the card holder’s name, card issuing bank as well as the last four digits of the card/account number.

Once your card information is verified, you can place your order again.

Sincerely,
    AliExpress.com
    2013.12.06 23:16

that all sounds a bit 'phishy' to me !

I work in finance and no valid business would ask for this level of details especially bank details, coupled with personal documents. report this to Report fraud and internet crime | Action Fraud

make sure you phone them not just log it online
    If the nagging gets really bad......Get a bigger shed:naughty:

Thanks Swarfing

That is just what I thought !

but AliExpress was reccomended to me on this forum ... so I thought I see what others had to say ???

Don't forget by reporting this they will have powers to speak with the company. This would tell if it was genuine for sure and give you some piece of mind too. sooner is better than later

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 4 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    Provided the email did come from AliExpress, and any links/emails actually go to the AliExpress site (best way to check, is to try and find the same page by logging in on the AliExpress site without clicking any email links), it probably is legit.

I've dealt through Alibaba (Alibaba is essentially the buisness orientated side of the company, with AliExpress more aimed at consumers), and some of their requirements can be a bit 'archaic'. I've also dealt with a couple american companies who wouldn't ship without being sent photographic ID, so the request isn't totally unfeasible.

And having re-read the requirements, they're not exactly bad. They're essentially wanting proof of ID (most places would accept any form of official ID, as not everybody will have a passport), a picture that proves the card is real (note they mention to cover most of the numbers, so they don't really gain anything from the copy - I'd also make a point of covering the security number on the back), and a copy of the card statement (again, nothing much to be gained, other than your spending habits, as they'll already have your key details!).
    If it was a scam, they'd be wanting full un-censored details!

but this would be my second order (and much less £££ than my 1st! )

Mt 1st order went through fine, so why would they want all this info for my 2nd order ???

I'm torn between not wanting to bother with it all ,, and wanting the cheap prices ! :/ (greed?)

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 4 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    Could be down to your chosen supplier. I'm not totally sure on the ins and outs, but I'd imagine the suppliers have some input on what level of customer verification they accept for orders.

The other way to look at it is, would you ship something internationally to somebody with a single transaction history?

I ship stuff internationally, but usually only if the customer has a paypal account with a reasonable transaction history to ensure they are genuine.

Surely any other online store just takes a payment and ships ? from anywhere in the world ?
    I sell internationally... if the payment is valid, then I ship the item ?
    Copy of passport or bank statements are never considered !

I think I'll pass :(

If you produced all those details you would have almost enough for a cash run. You don't know what info they already hold on you. Just check with your bank and they will confirm. Never ever give an online supplier your personal details to this level. International business follow a recognised code of practice for banking transactions. If this business is not following this then they are not worth doing business with

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information