. .
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    I've messaged the seller to see If I can buy direct and pay with paypal.
    They seem agreeable, asking me to contact them next week when they get more stock. At least I'll have paypal protection, and not have to give any more personal info away

Thats the way to go, maybe even point him to this thread to see the conversation they are causing regarding their practice?
    If the nagging gets really bad......Get a bigger shed:naughty:

It's not the seller asking for this info ... it's AliExpress (sort of like ebay/paypal)

Ah i missed that but still fishy

Quote Originally Posted by Swarfing View Post
    Ah i missed that but still fishy
    Does it change your mind at all ?
    I've had my 1st transaction go ok at over £200
    This is my second i'm having trouble with, at around £40 ...

Think about it, Ebay drop a transaction into your account to trace where the payment goes to and from. Asking for id is normal just not to that level i would be comfortable with?

I decided to do a quick google tonight, check these threads out. You decide?

Why is Aliexpress asking for credit card copies?

Order closed "for security reasons" - no reasons exposed-Alibaba Trade Forums

I don't think it's right at all.
    I was hoping to get replies from the likes of those on here that recommended AliExpress to me ??

I use it daily and haven't had a problem like this. Sellers have access to your email address when you buy something so make sure you go to the web and not click and email links. I'd say buy from another supplier. Alipay is pretty safe. I had a refund for an item that was lost in the mail so I have a bit of faith in it.

Lives in Lincoln, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 17-06-2020 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 252. Received thanks 1 times, giving thanks to others 11 times.
    Thought I'd bump this as I'm looking at buying some Leadshine kit of Aliexpress. What's the best way to pay? I've seen that Aliexpress advises against paying directly to the seller and go through them, although not having used the system before, I'm not sure how that's done. Anyone's got more experience?

Regards,
    T.

Lives in Norwich, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 13-09-2019 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 47. Received thanks 8 times, giving thanks to others 1 times.
    It works pretty much like any other online shop, find the thing you want, choose how many and then click the buy button. Create an account if you haven't already and then choose your payment method, I use a Visa debit card and get charged a pound or 2 for the currency conversion.
    Aliexpress hold on to your money until you confirm you've received the item and its working, then they pay the seller.

As with ebay don't pay a seller privately, use the system on the site.
    An exception of this would be if you really know you can trust the seller, like I've bought stuff directly from chai as he has a reputation of being an honest chap. I don't think anyone from aliexpress has built such a reputation with the CNC community yet though.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread Information