. .
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    Ahh yes, I almost posted that myself a few weeks ago. One of Marchant Dice's later models...

They've used 'Doughty drive' gearboxes, so even if the frame wasn't comparable to elongated pasta, it still would only be (barely) acceptable for wood.
    Was that seriously on Ebay for £21,000.? . . . I thought silyavski had accidentally typed an extra zero and it was £21.00 . .Lol

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    Was that seriously on Ebay for £21,000.?
    Still is - follow my link, or just sort by price highest first!

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    Still is - follow my link, or just sort by price highest first!
    Your Link doesn't work but I found it.!! . . . . .. Fooooking hell the dicks that buy that must be smoking some serious shit.!!

I've watched a good few MD auctions on fleabay and as far as I can tell they must only sell one once in a blue moon as none of the ones I've watched sold. Before anyone wonders, no, I wasn't thinking of buying one. I just wanted to know if there were people out there that would pay that much.

Did anyone see the recent auction on fleabay for a second hand 8x4 MD it went for 11k !!!!!!!! they are only 13k new. there are some crazy people out there!!!!!

I totally agree with cncjim. This guy worked from scratch, on a budget. We should not criticise and carp. It demeans the forum. I hope he had a lot of fun making it, and it is a bonus if he can get some nice work from his efforts. The only suggestion I would make is to face some bolts the other way, just to make it neater.

Just bear in mind that we don't all cut 6" chrome moly steel at warp speed to the fraction of an angstrom.

On the other hand : the cynical peddlers of crap machines deserve all the shit in the universe thrown at them.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information