. .
    I wish get hold of either SolidWorks and SolidCAM 2013 or BobCAD V21, 24 or 25 for my mill and perhaps a router given time.

What is best and why, with any points to look out for?

Many thanks

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by suesi34e View Post
    I wish get hold of either SolidWorks and SolidCAM 2013 or BobCAD V21, 24 or 25 for my mill and perhaps a router given time.

What is best and why, with any points to look out for?

Many thanks

Steve
    Absolutely no Contest Solidworks/Solid Cam wins hands down . . .Period.!! . . . . Not even remotely in same league.!!
    This is said with experience of having both packages, also have V23 & 24 of Bobcad.

To be fair to BC it's not really a CAD program per say but a token Cad package and SW is an all singing dancing parametric CAD package so no contest here and the differences are galaxy's apart.

Cam wise then BC has limited toolpaths in comparison to SC and no where near has configurable. SC is a parametric program like SW so if you change the Cad it updates the Cam and toolpaths update automatic.
    There are far too many differences and reasons why it's better than BC but again to be fair it's much more expensive than BC.

What you need to ask your self is what are you going to make and will BC do that.? If yes then go with BC has it's cheaper, if moneys no problem then go with SW/SC has it's in another league.!

Have a look at Al's excellent V25 tutorial videos to get a feel for what BC can do in V25,

CAD/CAM Videos | CAD/CAM Tutorials | BobCAD AfterDark

I've not found anything I need V25 can't do for me (with occasional assistance from more experienced users) yet.
    Support forum on CNC Zone BC forum is very good, support from BobCad is also excellent,
    Regards,
    Nick

Thread Information