Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
So you weren't offering to make it to prove that it can be done for that price?
Nope not at all I was offering has a gesture to someone I consider a friend and would probably do the same for me if reversed.?? . . . .Actually knowing that Old bastard he probably wouldn't but hey oh it's what I do and offer that counts to me.!

I have neither claimed that it pushes any boundaries, or intend to make that claim.
That's ok then.!! . . Has we have been playing nice lately and I wouldn't want to break the peace beating your pride and Joy up .. Lol

Obviously. The point I was making is that for someone who has got sufficient free time, they can make a machine worth owning within a £2k budget.
It's more than Free time Thou isn't it.? There's the machinery and the experience to factor into the equation and not every one as these to fall upon.
But I agree it's very do-able and should seriously considered if they have the skills and tools, every thing they need to know is here.!!

I didn't charge anywhere near that, but those were special circumstances so your point is valid.
Yep I know you didn't and wasn't for one minute suggesting you did. I also know and appreciate just how much time and thought went into that machine and putting a price on that would be hard and expensive.!