. .
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    They were already there before.

It says I'm on a "distinguished road" but I've just looked outside it's more like a farm track.
    Last edited by EddyCurrent; 12-12-2013 at 11:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    I am basically trying to get the best speed and accuracy I can from this configuration so I think a smooth stepper will be a good addition

Joe
    Ok Well can I just say that don't waste time trying to chase speed too much has it's not really necessary for most work you'll do with a 5mm pitch screw.
    With that setup of 72V and half decent drives at a sensible micro stepping then Mach at 35Khz will give all the speed you require for most work within the 5mm pitch range of working. Really if your wanting higher feeds than this you have the wrong pitch screw.

Accuracy comes more from attention to detail and build quality than it does components, whether that be mechanical or electrical. Repeatability and smoothness comes more from Components.

The SS does help with Smoothness and reliability but with a 5mm pitch then any speed gain would be wasted has the screw will become the limiting factor.

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 3 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by EddyCurrent View Post
    There's been a few subtle changes to the forum just now
    The lack of blank lines has been an issue for a while, but only with IE. There's an issue with the site's CSS, but Lee's done nothing about it.

Quote Originally Posted by m_c View Post
    The lack of blank lines has been an issue for a while, but only with IE. There's an issue with the site's CSS, but Lee's done nothing about it.
    Ah that explains why.!! . . .My Laptop just expired and I haven't installed Firefox on this new one yet so using IE. It's already doing my head in so it's days are numbered.. . Lol

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 18 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    I see that the join date etc has disappeared from the forum now

Joe,
    I use Dell Optiplex 750 (?) computers with no problems. You might try the optimization steps provided by ArtSoft in this document. ftp://machsupport.com/Extra%20Inform...on%20Guide.txt

I hope it helps.
    John Champlain
    I try to learn from my mistakes, so I make at least one every day.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information