Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by m_c View Post
    There are plenty other CNC sites, it's just this is the most popular within the UK.
    And with some of the most informative and generous members ..Clive

  2. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Clive S View Post
    And with some of the most informative and generous members ..Clive
    Ah but not for long at this rate.!!. . . . A good relationship is a two way affair and when one party stops Listening or talking then it's all down hill ending in the divorce courts.!!. . . . . . . OR . . . . The building of another Most popular UK Web site. .

  3. Ah, but do you really have time and inclination to do it...?

  4. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by irving2008 View Post
    Ah, but do you really have time and inclination to do it...?
    Irving the only thing that has stopped me before is TIME or the lack of it.!! . . . . Many very experienced IT people with the knowledge and resources to make it happen have asked me to get involved with new sites but I haven't got the time to provide what is neccesary to do it correctly.

    The only reason this site is so popular is because of the very helpful nature of just Few regular posters and sadly not because it's owner puts any great effort into it.! . . .Quiet the opposite really he just whinds up and offends those few who keep the forum so active.

    He disrespects us by not replying or commenting on whats happening and doesn't listen to the very people who keep it alive.
    He disrespects us by deleteing complete threads or sensors them just to keep advertisers happy when they have had Valid negative comments on there products.!
    It should be remebererd this is a PUBLIC FORUM for it's MEMBERS and if Companys offer there products to Public scrutiny they should be prepared to accept and embrace Negative comments and not go crying to the Forum Owner. Like wise the Forum Owner should grow a pair of Balls and tell them to go get stuffed if it's Valid and genuine critism. Moderation is perfectly Fine, even heavy moderation but Sensorship for Own gain is just WRONG.!!

    INCLINATION.!! . . . Well that is the problem isn't it.!! . . . . . You have to ask your self why or for what reason would I want to do it.? . . . Me personaly I'm not money driven at all and everything I do or offer is done mostly for the sake of helping others, yes I make machines and parts for people but that is just to fund my Hobby with very little profit if any.!
    Often and I'm sure to the frustration of others doing similair on this forum I greatly under charge for what I do but this is because I'm passinate about CNC and Not Money so I'm very happy to charge resonable and IMO fair price so the person involved gets into the pleasures of CNC without getting ripped off and gets a Good Job done or a safe and accurate machine fit for purpose.
    Like wise the information and advise I give was mostly Given to me free so why would I charge for it, the experience I've gained I'm quite happy to pass along free to help others.

    So my INCLINATION would be for very differant reasons I'm sure to the owners INCLINATION.? . . . . . If I am ever INCLINED I promise you it will blow this site off the Top Uk CNC list.

  5. #15
    But you wouldn't need either of those because John S said he already has a cnc forum at homeworkshop.org.uk

  6. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by EddyCurrent View Post
    But you wouldn't need either of those because John S said he already has a cnc forum at homeworkshop.org.uk
    If your refering to my last post then please read again because I don't need anything other than TIME and while I can build CNC machines I haven't cracked the TIME machine yet.!!

    You and others probably think the likes of John S and me plus few others just like to cause trouble and have Dig at the establishment.!! . . . Well you'd be partly correct.!! . . . . BUT you need to ask why.?

    I'll tell you why in my case.!!. . . . . WE are the ones who stay Loyal while others come glean what they want from the site feed off our Knowledge base then are never to be heard from again.!!
    Mostly I don't have a problem with this and I'm very happy to help and dish out what I can knowing I'll probably never hear from them again when they have working machine. ... Job Done.!!

    But what pisses me Off and I suspect others Like John S is that while we stay Loyal and keep popping up freely giving time valuable experience and advice which helps draw in new members the DICK who runs the site doesn't have the decency to acknowledge this by listening or replying to our gripes. Then disraspects us even more by deleteing threads that are a little uncomfortable for him or the few, dispite the fact we have proven several times that if we hadn't challenged these shister company's good people would have been ripped off, fobbed off or just plane deceived into thinking something is much beter than it actually is.!

    I suspect and feel his arrogence leads him to believe that it's his site so He'll do what ever he want's and bollocks to anyone who doesn't like it.? . . . Well again this is correct.!! . . . . .BUT without Loyal regular knowledgable straight talking members who are willing to give up there hard learnt experience and time then it will quickly turn into a dull stale stagnant site.!

    Rant over.!! . . . . . Which has helped vent some of my frustration for a very fucking bad day so far and it's still not over.!!. . . . . So thank's Eddy it's helped in some warped way.

  7. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    If your refering to my last post then please read again because I don't need anything other than TIME and while I can build CNC machines I haven't cracked the TIME machine yet.!!

    You and others probably think the likes of John S and me plus few others just like to cause trouble and have Dig at the establishment.!! . . . Well you'd be partly correct.!! . . . . BUT you need to ask why.?
    It must have been a bad day but I wasn't part of it, you once told me to "lighten up", I think you need to do the same now. All I was saying was that a cnc forum already exists at John S's web site so it would take very little requirements to start posting there instead of here.

    First I don't need to read your post again and you don't need a time machine, all you would need to do is post on John S's forum instead of this one
    Second, I am saddened that you say I would think this, "the likes of John S and me plus few others just like to cause trouble and have Dig at the establishment.!!"
    Third I don't need to ask why and I didn't.

    You may have missed my posts but I feel I have contributed to this forum too in the short space of time I have been interested in the cnc world so don't be including me in this lot, "others come glean what they want from the site feed off our Knowledge base then are never to be heard from again.!!".
    Last edited by EddyCurrent; 22-12-2013 at 09:18 PM.

  8. #18
    There are basically as few as 12 people who carry this forum, I'm not naming names as I don't want to miss anyone out as I say about 12.

    At the moment there isn't a CNC forum on the homeworkshop site but it would be easy to implement. Jazz has basically summed it up when he says we are just ignored.
    I think Lee expected this site to take off like CNCZone and generate the same income. It hasn't and the way he alienates the members it never will.

    To be honest I'm just about ready to pull the plug on this site. I get no work off it, don't depend or rely on it, in facts the traffic like Jazz is all the other way.
    Last edited by John S; 22-12-2013 at 10:32 PM.
    John S -

  9. #19
    Is this the right place ?
    Forum

    Also this crack about traffic being one way, if anyone has that problem it's easy sorted, don't reply to peoples requests.
    For me this thread is now dead and I might have to ponder if it's worth staying on the forum and not just because of Lee's dicking about antics either.
    Last edited by EddyCurrent; 22-12-2013 at 11:01 PM.

  10. #20
    m_c's Avatar
    Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 3 Hours Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 1,831. Received thanks 192 times, giving thanks to others 5 times.
    Eddy, that board has always been on the homeworkshop forum.
    I think what John meant was to set up a whole new forum elsewhere on the site.

    There already is another site but it's rarely used.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •