. .
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Read this thread.

http://www.mycncuk.com/forums/feedba...ees-again.html

Bloody hell Lee's at it again.

had to link to t because even though there have been fresh posts it doesn't show up on the list of active posts, or rather not active as far as lee is concerned.

Also posted in Feedback forum but that's not active ?
    Last edited by John S; 19-12-2013 at 04:56 PM.
    John S -

They seek him here, they seek him there
    Those Hobnob eaters seek him everywhere
    Is he in heaven or is he in hell?
    That damned elusive Leapernel .. Clive

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 2 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    I suspect rather than being flamed for deleting threads, Lee has decided to exclude certain boards from the search in the hope they fade quietly.

Thought my monitor had gone faulty, forum has changed colour to blue, I liked green better, maybe I can change it in settings ?

I quite like the blue. It's a shame the adverts overlap the 'active threads' post times when viewing on my ipad though. Doesn't seem to matter which browser I use either. No biggie just mildly annoying.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	260 
Size:	515.6 KB 
ID:	11046

Si

Quote Originally Posted by firetrappe View Post
    I quite like the blue. It's a shame the adverts overlap the 'active threads' post times when viewing on my ipad though. Doesn't seem to matter which browser I use either. No biggie just mildly annoying.Si
    I use Firefox with addon 'Adblock Plus' and I see no adverts.

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 2 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    I don't see any adverts and I'm using IE without a blocker of any form...

I don't get the issue on my PC using any of the browsers. The formatting just seems to go a bit haywire on mobile devices (tested on Nexus7 and Ipad) as in the screenshot I posted above. Like I said, not really a problem as I'm usually using a PC, just something I recently noticed.

Developers should develop for a range of client machine specifications, have such to hand for testing (easy with machine virtualisation), perform all upgrades, development and fixes on a hidden mirror of the live site to avoid public cock-ups and have testers with access to the mirror to sense check updates.
    To do otherwise suggests hobbyist work.
    I speak from a background in paid professional work in Automation & PLC, ERP, SQL Server, VB, VBA, Crystal Reports, Z80 development and 1st to 3rd line Blue Chip IT support,
    If it's for free, however, we should accept what we get or do better ourselves!
    - Nick
    Last edited by magicniner; 21-12-2013 at 04:16 PM.

Nick, see that wall next to you, it's more likely to listen and respond than the person behind the changes ;)

IMO it's just pure laziness that things aren't tested on a development install of the site. The vB license allows three installs. One public/active install, one password protected install on an active webserver for testing purposes, and a local install aka on your own computer for easier development/testing.

There are plenty other CNC sites, it's just this is the most popular within the UK.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information