. .
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Cheers folks ill have to double check the setting.

Jazz is right, you need to make sure the figures on the spindle rating plate are the same as in the VFD, i.e. type of motor, voltage, full load current, frequency, speed, power.
    I'm not sure about water cooled spindles but air cooled types do not get good cooling at low speeds because the fan is turning slowly, so the speed you are running at may be a factor
    Last edited by EddyCurrent; 20-12-2013 at 11:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by EddyCurrent View Post
    I'm not sure about water cooled spindles but air cooled types do not get good cooling at low speeds because the fan is turning slowly, so the speed you are running at may be a factor
    No speed is not an issue and there's no duty cycle to speak off, thats the beauty of WC spindles they can happily run for Days without getting more than warm.!

Cheers folks

If you don't have a pump but want to run a water cooled system you can always set up a siphon between two buckets that will give you way better cooling than nothing at all.
    I avoid running any water cooled system for longer than is required to just confirm that it works as to do more is to ask for trouble not covered by warranty.
    Hopefully you can't be traced by your supplier from this post as if you can your warranty is void ;-)
    Regards,
    Nick

Hi guys thaks for all your help, I got my pump and now have it running and is cooling great, I broke one of the water nipplie connections but I fixed it with Superglue and is working great believe it or not, but as this is only a short term fix im trying to find a supplier for extra ones, I tried contacting a few sellers on ebay but none want to sell them on their own so I shall struggle on. Machine is cutting great. Happy Christmas & Happy New Year to all you guys.
    Tom

Don't know if yours are the same size but when mine broke off of my 1.5 kW Chinese spindle I replaced them with these...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Threaded-Pne...tVsb0TMDFK2_tt

Jim

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 10 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    I have found these, at least it is a UK company: http://fluid-fittings.co.uk/contents...le_thread.html Hope this helps. ..Clive

Hi clive thanks this is great, do you know which one I need to order.
    Thanks

Thanks to you too Jim theses are great hopefully get this all sorted now.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information