. .
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Answer to both your questions is make your own, or win the lottery so you can buy some.
    Last edited by Jonathan; 11-01-2014 at 12:27 AM.
    Old router build log here. New router build log here. Lathe build log here.
    Electric motorbike project here.

Haha, thanks, just found this article

http://www.mycncuk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3340

Awesome!!

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 12 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    Also where do you get the actual rotating nuts from as I can only see the manufacturers, not any suppliers etc
    You could try Jonathan ..Clive

Read the entire thread last night and decided exactly that!

Jonathan, is there any possibility you could produce a pair of the mk3's from said thread? I would gladly pay you for these as I simply don't have access to the required tooling (currently have a large lathe, that's all)??

If so, do you have any sketchup diagrams so I can incorporate them into my design?

Many thanks.

The Sketch file i made is in Jonathans thread post #83 http://www.mycncuk.com/forums/linear...html#post52272. so you can download it and incorporate it in your model. However i advise you to produce it, when you 100% decided on the exact motors/steppers, servo, size, etc. / and the machine drawing is finished, as maybe you will need to redesign the motor holding plate, in context of your design, or just leave that plate at last, however have in mind that if you decide to drive the gantry with 1 motor for example, this will affect the whole design, as the hole where the belt goes in should be at different place. You can start though with ordering the bearings, the rotating part +the lock nuts and pulleys, that's what i did

Bringing this one back to life guys. Life's been pretty crazy lately but I should have a little time for this now, I've sold a few of my projects and am trying to consolidate everything so that I have a little more focus.

Question for silyavski... Are the rotating nut diagrams proven, ie a replica of Jonathans mk3 or are they a custom design you came up with? Just asking as I want to know if they work wether I can send the file to the machinist to get them made or not.

Cheers!!

Quote Originally Posted by Wejjmeister View Post
    Bringing this one back to life guys. Life's been pretty crazy lately but I should have a little time for this now, I've sold a few of my projects and am trying to consolidate everything so that I have a little more focus.

Question for silyavski... Are the rotating nut diagrams proven, ie a replica of Jonathans mk3 or are they a custom design you came up with? Just asking as I want to know if they work wether I can send the file to the machinist to get them made or not.

Cheers!!
    I think its his own design, the files maybe in the open source section, its been awhile now so I could be wrong.

.Me
    .Me

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Roberts View Post
    I think its his own design, the files maybe in the open source section, its been awhile now so I could be wrong.

.Me
    Thanks, shortly after posting that comment I found some file Jonathan had uploaded, so Im currently trying to integrate that into my design.

Here is the Mk4 frame layout, any opinions guys? Ive taken on board other designs in this one, Im making the bed adjustable too on holes inside the legs, so it will have further movement, will that affect anything else do you think?

Thanks in advance!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CNC CROUTER - Frame Mk4 withj bed.jpg 
Views:	238 
Size:	121.8 KB 
ID:	12420   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CNC CROUTER - Frame Mk4.jpg 
Views:	268 
Size:	109.2 KB 
ID:	12421  

Is this any good chaps? Changes a fair amount to incorporate it...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CNC CROUTER - Frame Mk4 ballnut design2.jpg 
Views:	396 
Size:	63.7 KB 
ID:	12469Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CNC CROUTER - Frame Mk4 ballnut design3.jpg 
Views:	523 
Size:	202.6 KB 
ID:	12468Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CNC CROUTER - Frame Mk4 ballnut design.jpg 
Views:	425 
Size:	141.1 KB 
ID:	12470

Can anyone just gimme an idea as to wether Im heading in the right direction please, I dont want to go too far with any major flaws. Thanks.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread Information