. .
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hi guys this thread is a result of to much messing around and trying to get thing done the easy way, so anyway heres my problem, the machine was working fine with no problems until I decided to download big tex blue screen and set up an auto tool sensor. So everything was going fine but for some reason now when I send something to cut I goes in the opposite direction on the Z axis, I have been messing with the different configurations all day but I just cannot get it to work 100% when Ihit ref all the machine refs ok and then I send a toolpath the machine moves down the Z axis to about 50 and then starts going back up again and travelling to a -6. Any help would be great. Thanks again

Have you tried going back to the1024 screen set to see if it's just Big tex screen.?

If you can post the XML file your using I'll take a look. You will need to Zip it up to post. Or if you don't want to post and prefer to email then let me know and I'll give my email address if you don't have it already.

It will be most likely something simple your over looking.!!

Hi Jazz thanks
    I know its something stupid im doing or not, I will send it to you tomorrow, I have tried going back to the standard screenset and no joy.
    Thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by Tomnewry View Post
    Hi Jazz thanks
    I know its something stupid im doing or not, I will send it to you tomorrow, I have tried going back to the standard screenset and no joy.
    Thanks again
    Then I think you may have screwed Mach3 up which does happen so I would save your xml's or settings and re-install Mach3. This will be quickest way I'm sure.!

If you don't want to do this then send to me and I'll have a look.

Hi Jazz
    I got it sorted thanks for your help, it was one of the ticks in the limits and homing not quite sure how it changed but there you go , sorted now so all well and its back to try figuring out setting up the auto tool zero with the gage block height. The joys of a new year.
    Thanks again.

Big tex screen is ok and in the early days of the Auto tool touch off along with others I helped by working on the metric version and tweaking how it touched off etc but if you want a much better screen based on much more advanced version of the same which is far more refined with some great tools then buy Gerry's 2010 screen set. . . . . It will be the best £10 or so you'll spend.

The CNC Woodworker - Mach3 2010

Hi Jazz
    I have bought gerry,s screenset already but I think i prefer the big tex one at the minute I havent really had time to mess about with them.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tomnewry View Post
    Hi Jazz
    I have bought gerry,s screenset already but I think i prefer the big tex one at the minute I havent really had time to mess about with them.
    Thanks
    Well that's surprised me.!! . . . . I used it for quite some time but much prefer Gerrys screen set. Lot of people don't like it because of the small Tool path and G-code screens and it's cluttered layout.!

Horses for courses I presume and just shows if we all like the same things it would be a boring dull world.!!

It,s probably just me as I said i haven,t really messed around with it but you never know I might try again when i get a bit of time, i dound it a bit harder finding the various buttons like ref all home and so on but hey as i said i might try again.
    Thanks for your help once again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information