. .
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thinking about what next, maybe going off the rails ? (but that's how I like to think about stuff )
    Looking at the parts list, does it have to be a motor of that type ? I know it would be great if it just fit right on but would a standard AC motor + inverter (working in sensorless vector speed mode) adapt ? I was thinking the shaft from the original motor could serve as the adapter, it's a lot less cash.
    http://www.optimachines.com/attachme...attachment=345
    Last edited by EddyCurrent; 03-01-2014 at 02:35 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to EddyCurrent For This Useful Post:

Eddy : Going the same way ! : i was looking since 2 days into another solution for this mill, replacing the motor for 380V plus inverter, or even replace the whole machine for a conventional mill ( 380 plus inverter ... either )

Anyway, i'll have to sell it and better to repair it before... so coming back to first point !

May be some people converting these kind of mill to high speed CNC will be interested....

Thank you again eddy !

Im so sorry im rising such old topic from the ashes, but it is the only one on the internet with same problem as mine. I recieved my machine and it could only go to about 500 RPMS less than specified. I was sent by manufaturer adjustment procedure and while trying it the motor has jumped 5800 RPM and fuses exploded. My PCB is a newer variant with IKCS22F60F2C . It could be seen PCB was hand repaired before as many other junk Chinese packed on this machine (i was an one time buyer, so great way to get rid of various defective parts that were not shipped to Optimum). I replaced the burnt PFC stage, IKCS22F60F2C, input rectifier and my board works now. However the motor does not work and PCB only makes short 6 flashes (error code maybe?) and freezes. I managed to get a new tested board, but this behave same as one i repaired.

Im suspecting the motor, but never worked with BLDC motors in past. How should i test this motor? Its same as motor allready shown here. Should i open it up and test Hall sensors?

Hi everyone,
    Thanks for those who help me : the mill is working now with a new 380V 3PH motor and an inverter 220V 1PH -> 380V 3PH.
    I designed a new support to hold the motor, plugged new coupling device in the mill, and all is ok by now. Sofar so good.
    Special thanks to Eddy !
    Post might be closed.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to BILLYBOUM For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by hacklordsniper View Post
    How should i test this motor? Its same as motor allready shown here. Should i open it up and test Hall sensors?
    There will probably be 3 main terminals, you should check the resistance between each one and they should all read the same.
    Spelling mistakes are not intentional, I only seem to see them some time after I've posted

2 months of trouble, but started working tonight. So i removed the motor, powered the hall board with a bench power supply and tested the output of them, all of them worked ok. I measued ressitance to ground and between terminals, it was ok. I tried insulation tester and all windings seemed to be ok. I tried applying DC to terminals and all of them slightly moved the motor.

I reinstalled the motor again and same thing happened. While starting the motor ON/OFF switch gave 6 flashes and went silent. As i was speaking some rude words to it i pressed the on button few times in series and motor started. Now it works ok. I tried for research purpose to disconnect motor terminals and it again gave 6 flashes and go out. After pressing on button 3 times in row, the PCB "resets" and it works nicely afterwards.

I guess the PCB goes to somekind of protection mode after the motor has been disconnected, and 3 pushes of the ON button reset it. Even the manufacturer does not know this (or does not want to tell).

Im attaching a picture for this PCB as future reference if someone will google this situation in future. Furthermore i will give discovered procedure for adjusting speed range. Pressing the lower button on small PCB you adjust the maximal speed with speed pot, and pressing the upper button you adjust the minimall allowed speed.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3275.JPG 
Views:	362 
Size:	191.5 KB 
ID:	13912  

9. The Following User Says Thank You to hacklordsniper For This Useful Post:

Holly sh.t !!! i discarded the whole crazy system because of lack of information about this reset procedure…. thanks to "manufacturer" who doesn't KNOW or even worse doesn't TELL ( it is not written in the documentation provided ) and who probably "prefers" to sell control boards ( +1000e ex vat ) AND motors ( +1000e ex vat )
    So PM for spare parts to bargain ( 1 motors plus 2 boards )

Quote Originally Posted by BILLYBOUM View Post
    Holly sh.t !!! i discarded the whole crazy system because of lack of information about this reset procedure…. thanks to "manufacturer" who doesn't KNOW or even worse doesn't TELL ( it is not written in the documentation provided ) and who probably "prefers" to sell control boards ( +1000e ex vat ) AND motors ( +1000e ex vat )
    So PM for spare parts to bargain ( 1 motors plus 2 boards )

Do you have the pneumatic changer on your Optimum mill? If so i would be interested to buy your boards

Sorry, i havn't this option

Quote Originally Posted by BILLYBOUM View Post
    Sorry, i havn't this option
    Thank you, i guess the board is not very compatible with my machine. It can also be seen there is much changes on my version of board.

Does not matter, i would anyway buy this boards for study and repair. I would not buy motor tough, so if you want to sell me this PCB-s, please write to my PM

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information