. .
    Hi thanks for coming and haven a read. i got a cnc machint it cuts 900x600 i would like to cut a big wheel out and that size would be 6'x6' what i would like to know is ther a program out the where i can design the wheel and put it into sections so i can cut it on my machine ( like if i was printing a big banner out on ward t would print it out in section and then just tape it together ) i hope someone understands what i mean) i have 2d design and i use vcarve and mach3 software many thanks to you for have a look
    tom

might be best to put up a picture of what you had in mind,for the best solution
    Last edited by dazza; 12-07-2013 at 07:55 PM.

You can tile toolpaths in vcarve pro if that's what your using, think there is a tutorial about it on the support website.

Hi, I used make lots of wheels in 1/12 scale for the horse drawn vehicles I made. I do not know what kind of wheel you envisiage, but the best way is to make the hub, spokes and rims (known as fellows or fellies) seperately. Each fellie covers 2 spokes, ie a 12 spoke wheel would have 6 fellies. This type of wheel is usually dished. If you need to know any more PM me. G.

Quote Originally Posted by cockneyrebel View Post
    Hi thanks for coming and haven a read. i got a cnc machint it cuts 900x600 i would like to cut a big wheel out and that size would be 6'x6' what i would like to know is ther a program out the where i can design the wheel and put it into sections so i can cut it on my machine ( like if i was printing a big banner out on ward t would print it out in section and then just tape it together ) i hope someone understands what i mean) i have 2d design and i use vcarve and mach3 software many thanks to you for have a look
    tom
    If you machine the centre hole first you could use it as a point of rotation and with a little planning machine an indexing hole in a sacrificial base plate allowing you to index the blank accurately.
    1:1 Scale Railroad??? ;-)
    Regards,
    Nick

Thread Information