1. #1
    Hi all,

    Im trying to generate a toolpath in vcarve for a topography map to be milled in wood, something similar to the attached picture.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CNC2006_03.JPG 
Views:	248 
Size:	125.0 KB 
ID:	11186

    If 2 layers happen to stack up on the Z axis with a straight line, that's not a problem. However if the vertical stack is a curve is there anyway to copy a section of the path 'above'.

    In the below example, assume a block 20mm thick, with section 1 on the face, section 2 being a 5mm cut, section 3 being a 10mm cut etc. Where 1 meets 2, I cant seem to 'close' the vector for part 2.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	screen.jpg 
Views:	164 
Size:	155.0 KB 
ID:	11187

    Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

    Thanks
    Lee

  2. #2
    In case you don't get an answer here, have you asked this question on the Vectric forum ?

    Vectric Forum • Index page

  3. #3
    Just waiting for my registration to be approved !

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by lee.hatton View Post
    Hi all,


    In the below example, assume a block 20mm thick, with section 1 on the face, section 2 being a 5mm cut, section 3 being a 10mm cut etc. Where 1 meets 2, I cant seem to 'close' the vector for part 2.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	screen.jpg 
Views:	164 
Size:	155.0 KB 
ID:	11187

    Lee
    I am no expert but would you not have to draw another line on top of vector one and then you could join it to vector two if you see what I mean. ..Clive

  5. #5
    I don't use V-carve pro but I would imagine separate Vectors on differant layers would easily sort that out.?

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    I don't use V-carve pro but I would imagine separate Vectors on differant layers would easily sort that out.?
    Yes that would be a better option perhaps easier. ..Clive

  7. #7
    Hi both,

    Yes I think you are right with seperate vectors on different layers, I'm just struggling to make the vector shapes identical for the small portion where they 'touch'

    I imagine it can be done by copy/paste and manually cropping but just wondered if there was a smarter way to go about it.

    Thanks for the input so far

    Lee

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by lee.hatton View Post
    Hi both,

    I imagine it can be done by copy/paste and manually cropping but just wondered if there was a smarter way to go about it.

    Lee
    Yes that's right copy and paste to another layer then use the snip tool to cut away the bit you don't want. ..Clive

Similar Threads

  1. vcarve pro 7
    By GeoDurie in forum CAD & CAM Software
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 22-05-2014, 02:46 PM
  2. Google Sketchup >> Vectric VCarve
    By kingcreaky in forum Computer Software
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-03-2013, 07:42 PM
  3. Maximum size of box section, Stacking box section, Construction Angle
    By andy586 in forum Gantry/Router Machines & Building
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-02-2013, 05:29 PM
  4. Vcarve to Mach3
    By jcb121 in forum Vectric
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-04-2012, 05:21 PM
  5. Playing with VCarve pro and simulations
    By John S in forum CAD & CAM Software
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-04-2010, 11:37 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •