. .
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Swap the red and black connectors round on the motor.

Quote Originally Posted by richie00boy View Post
    Swap the red and black connectors round on the motor.
    Yes that's what he did but due to the language barrier and lack of info it took a while to identify the issue.
    Last edited by EddyCurrent; 31-01-2014 at 08:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Clive S View Post
    If it ain't broke don't fix it. Have some fun with the machine first. If you really want to change them I would use either 0.75 or 1mm^2 CY 4 core cable for this machine. here is one place Cy Cable Per Meter 4 core (0.75mm CY Cable) ONLY £0.48.. ..Clive
    Has anyone used this cable/supplier? It seems extremely cheap, but is it any good?

Regards,

Les

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 23 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pointy View Post
    Has anyone used this cable/supplier? It seems extremely cheap, but is it any good?

Regards,

Les
    I have used them several times with no problems ..Clive

Quote Originally Posted by Pointy View Post

Regards,

Les
    Yes I've used them and the wire was ok but a little brittle compared to the stuff I get from CSE cables, thou it is cheaper.
    Flexible Control Cable

I have finally managed to make a simple control plate out off mahogany using Sketchup and then Cambam, with my computers skills very poor it took allot longer than it should have but I got there in the end.
    I used an end mill with 2 flutes should I have used an end mill with 3 or 4 flutes ?
    Last edited by Gregor; 20-02-2014 at 09:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gregor View Post
    I used an end mill with 2 flutes should I have used an end mill with 3 or 4 flutes ?
    No 2 flutes is fine and with more flutes the faster you would need the feedrate etc. From the Video it's hard to judge the feedrate because it's speeded up but from what I can see your cutting far to shallow and probably to slow.?

What were the feedrate and depth of cut.?

the cut feed rate i set on cambam was 600 the depth was 0.5 and depth plunge rate was 200, the spindle speed was max which is only 8000 on this machine.

Quote Originally Posted by Clive S View Post
    I have used them several times with no problems ..Clive
    Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    Yes I've used them and the wire was ok but a little brittle compared to the stuff I get from CSE cables, thou it is cheaper.
    Flexible Control Cable
    Thanks for the replies guys, I have placed an order.

Quote Originally Posted by Gregor View Post
    I have finally managed to make a simple control plate out off mahogany using Sketchup and then Cambam, with my computers skills very poor it took allot longer than it should have but I got there in the end.
    Nice work Gregor, it took me ages of experimenting to get something usable out of my machine when I got it, but it's quite satisfying when you do!

Regards,

Les

Hello Everyone

Thanks to Gregor for taking the time out to upload these videos. very interesting to see what kind of kit someone else gets in their package.

I recently ordered the smaller router 3020 and have a very similiar opinion.

Awesome Packaging.
    Mechanically it seems very solid.
    Electronically it looks a little heath Robinson.

I have read many sources reporting the Earthing on the Unit is pretty sketchey.

I have also been reading more interestingly about apparently it is very easy to MOD the circuit and allowing you PWM motor spin control using MAch3.

Chinese 3020 CNC Machine Gets Some Upgrades

I haven't really had a chance yet to inspect the earthing or prize open the control box and inspect the stepper control board but I intend to do this soon.

I get the impression these machines are knocked out in one or two fairly small factories and then the choice of boards/PSU/steppers is all dealt with by someone else along the supply chain hence why we all seem to have slightly different kit. Also with varying prices depending on what the machine comes with.

My machine was 380 GBP with delivery from Southampton which for my needs is about all I could afford.

I think with the info I know now I would have preferred to buy just a RAW 3020 or 3040 I hear you can get them flat packed directly pretty cheap and then choose my own stepper boards and own steppers and own spindle motor.

My supplier although friendly - in terms of CNC knowledge is ni on zero and effectively once the machine arrives bar ensuring its not DOA or damaged in the post thats about the only support your gonna get.

In a weird kinda way I kind of like that idea LOL.

My intended use is for engraving DIY Synth Panels on traffolyte board. I have seen a friends of mine CNC machine actually cutting the traffolyte but I have a feeling this little machine might not have the grunt required to pull that off.

Software wise I have been looking at the following:

Artcam, Signlab, Flexisignpro, Vectric Aspire, Rhinoceros, Solid Works, Autodesk Alias, Articad, Autocad, Bobcad, Delcam Featurecam, Delcam Powermill, Front Panel Designer, Librecad, Inkscape, Pathtrace Edgecam, Progecad, Siemens Solid Edge, Turbocad, CNC Code Shooter, Mastercam, Delcam Power Mill, Kellyware
    KKam, Progecad, Machinist Toolbox and Corel CAD

As far as I understand it for the actual design aspect you are looking for CAD software and for the motor control aspect you are looking for CAM software.

I think the motor control software responds to G-Codes that you can save as files but im not sure if you could for example design a panel in corel CAD then save this as a G-Code file?

It seems that some PCB software for example such as Eagle requires a third party conversion software to turn the PCB etch design into a set of G-Codes.

So perhaps its something like this:

DESIGN (CAD) > G-CODE Conversion (CONVERTOR) > Parallel Output (CAM, ie MAch 3) > Parallel Output to Stepper Board > Output to Steppers on CNC.

I have managed to get my machine responding to manual movements on Mach 3 but because the supplier sent me all the file names in Chinese I couldnt get it to read the G-Code tests. But.. i think everything is working okay.

What I am looking for is a package that I can use to design panels with things like volume control 0-10 with all the markings on and VU Meter slots, Detailed labelling all that kinda thing.

Here is a pic of the sort of thing I am looking to achieve with my machine.

My output is low ie one off boards for personal and hobby use.

http://s1.postimg.cc/apphunte7/Front_panels_1.jpg
    http://s7.postimg.cc/qkjdwo9e3/Front_Panels_3.jpg

I have seen again a friend of mine using signlab for panel work but this was a long time ago and that friend is long gone.

Any suggestions or comments really appreciated.

Just to say I love the attitude of people on this forum a really nice range of newbies to experts so far been really interesting reading.

If anyones interested I would be very happy to post pictures of boards, aspects of the machine. Mainly to help others who might be in a similiar position to myself where by a massive block of metal turns up. A mountain of kit, a pigeon english manual and a supplier that can say yes and no!

I guess its the golden word you "get what you pay for" LOL.

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread Information