. .
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Jazzcnc you were right about the laptop the stepper motors were moving about 10mm then stopping and starting but I managed to do a fix on the laptop by disabling the ACPI driver in the laptop and everything seems to be working fine.I just followed the manual and inputted the settings that came with the machine
    Here is a video off the first test

Last edited by Lee Roberts; 09-01-2014 at 01:51 PM. Reason: formatting

Gregor,

Well done on getting this far, I look forward to seeing how the machine performs and your progress.

Jonathan posted some gcode before that you can use to test your motor tuning: Random G-code for testing motor tuning. Have you put a dial indicator over the machine to check everything is true yet?, just somthing you may like to do at this early stage as part of "setting it up".

.Me
    .Me

No Lee Roberts I haven't put a dial over the machine as off yet but hope to get a chance later tonight, everything has gone better than I thought it would, I have heard allot off horror stories about these machines but so far so good.I think I will rewire the cables going to the stepper motors as it doesn't seem to be of good quality.Thanks for the G-code Test

Quote Originally Posted by Gregor View Post
    No Lee Roberts I haven't put a dial over the machine as off yet but hope to get a chance later tonight, everything has gone better than I thought it would, I have heard allot off horror stories about these machines but so far so good.I think I will rewire the cables going to the stepper motors as it doesn't seem to be of good quality.Thanks for the G-code Test
    Ok cool, me too that is why I would like to see you be successful with it and give the unit a chance. The clue is in the writing on the spindle control box "Engraving Machine", I think some people forget at times that not everyone is trying to replicate a £10k+ milling machine!

Good luck, I look forward to seeing the first cuts, keep the pics and vids coming

.Me
    .Me

I was having a look in the control Box and noticed that were they had grounded the earth wire to the bottom off the box wasn't actually grounded because off the paint so I undid the nut and scraped away the paint and now the Control box is earth so if you have one off these boxes you should check just to be on the safe side.

Lee here is a quick video off the cnc machine using the G-code test

I will try cutting something with it when I get back in about 3 weeks.
    Last edited by Gregor; 10-01-2014 at 05:23 PM.

All sounds like it is running smoothly, nothing bent or highspots.

Out of interest do these type of kits come with limits/home switches? Or are they saving a bit of money and relying on soft stops / end stalls.
    Building a CNC machine to make a better one since 2010 . . .
    MK1 (1st photo), MK2, MK3, MK4

It seems to be ok so far but I haven't cut anything with it yet,No there is no limits or home switches fitted to the machine, I hope to fit some but I am not to smart when it comes to pcb boards and haven't a clue if they can be fitted to this machine I know the spindle board is called a yoocnc pw3024
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo (1).jpg 
Views:	859 
Size:	376.0 KB 
ID:	11246

Quote Originally Posted by Gregor View Post
    No there is no limits or home switches fitted to the machine, I hope to fit some but I am not to smart when it comes to pcb boards and haven't a clue if they can be fitted to this machine I know the spindle board is called a yoocnc pw3024
    This might be useful

Experience with carving-cnc.com 6040 router - Page 3
    Last edited by EddyCurrent; 11-01-2014 at 12:18 AM.

Hi
    I am going to change the cables going to the motors as I have been reading that the cables fitted are not very good,could anybody give me some advice on what cable to use and were to buy them,
    thanks
    Last edited by Gregor; 12-01-2014 at 09:03 AM.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information