Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by george uk View Post
    hi jazz

    I was suggesting options for 4ft by 4ft table, up to a full size table, and just trying to give him a general idea. . If you read my post, i had suggested that, i also said i did not know enough about R&P.
    Exactly so best not to suggest anything.!! . . . There's a saying . . "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt" . . . . . Not 100% relavent or possibly fair but I do like it. .Lol

    Quote Originally Posted by george uk View Post
    If price was not an issue from him, i would say 25mm rails and screws and servoes
    And again you'd be wrong because servo's are not always better, The rails most likely over sized and screws wrong selection for this size machine without special considerations.

    Quote Originally Posted by george uk View Post
    ther are many wrong approaches to machine building, but there are also a few right ways. not just one. If it was like that, you would just point him to this thread, and say build that

    http://www.mycncuk.com/forums/gantry...g-machine.html

    Well engineered, well built, and he lists what he would change
    Again that would be wrong because it's a completely differant machine which would be inpracticle at this size required and totaly over engineered for cutting wood.

    So again please I'm not picking on you just trying to show that throwing advice around without considering all the variables and relevancys can be disatrous for a new person.!! . . . . . . . I know this from helping many that have unwittingly fallen foul of such good intentions.!!

  2. #22
    hi Jazz

    Originally Posted by george ukhi jazz

    I was suggesting options for 4ft by 4ft table, up to a full size table, and just trying to give him a general idea. . If you read my post, i had suggested that, i also said i did not know enough about R&P.



    Exactly so best not to suggest anything.!! . . . There's a saying . . "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt" . . . . . Not 100% relavent or possibly fair but I do like it. .Lol
    Honestly mate, with that attitude, we never would have walked out of the cave. Jazz i do respect your advice and have read through loads of your posts and advice to other people and assimilated lots into my own design, but, you can not consider people fools becuase you consider them wrong, I think you have just misread what i have been trying to explain to the bloke. They do say " fools rush in "

    Dangerous Dave - am trying to suggest this to you

    1. You can not go cheap on the motors and electrics, Decide on a frame size, gantry style, then let that choose for you
    2. Machines above 4f are a lot harder, whereas, the machine i pointed to, and suggested, Is probley a good all round starting point. there art a few things you could make cheeper, like the bed, single baerings. You could even try find the bed at the scrappy, and mount and true the top like He shows in his thread.


    Originally Posted by george uk
    If price was not an issue from him, i would say 25mm rails and screws and servoes



    And again you'd be wrong because servo's are not always better, The rails most likely over sized and screws wrong selection for this size machine without special considerations.
    Again, you dont seem to have read the post, i said that because you was assuming on the previous post that i had ment the smaller screws and motors for a full size machine, and i was trying to emphasise that his main consideration is costs, Also, if a persons not able to engineer the machine fully, then upping the rail sizes and screw, is one way to get over that.

    "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt""Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt"
    Barnes Wallace, Brunel , mary bell, Copernicus, Galileo, Bor, --- a long line of people that was considered fools,

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by george uk View Post
    Honestly mate, with that attitude, we never would have walked out of the cave. Jazz i do respect your advice and have read through loads of your posts and advice to other people and assimilated lots into my own design, but, you can not consider people fools becuase you consider them wrong, I think you have just misread what i have been trying to explain to the bloke. They do say " fools rush in "
    The "Fools" quote was a Joke which i made clear. I DON'T Consider you a FOOL but I DO 100% Know your WRONG and I'm the one often holding the hand out to help those that have took Duffy info all be it given in good faith and with no harm ment, But still wrong and often costly and some times dangerous.
    Information and help like what's below is great Advise and perfectly fine but you can't be specific and advise motors,rails etc with no information to go on like in this case.

    Quote Originally Posted by george uk View Post
    Dangerous Dave - am trying to suggest this to you

    1. You can not go cheap on the motors and electrics, Decide on a frame size, gantry style, then let that choose for you
    2. Machines above 4f are a lot harder, whereas, the machine i pointed to, and suggested, Is probley a good all round starting point. there art a few things you could make cheeper, like the bed, single baerings. You could even try find the bed at the scrappy, and mount and true the top like He shows in his thread.


    Quote Originally Posted by george uk View Post
    Again, you dont seem to have read the post, i said that because you was assuming on the previous post that i had ment the smaller screws and motors for a full size machine, and i was trying to emphasise that his main consideration is costs, Also, if a persons not able to engineer the machine fully, then upping the rail sizes and screw, is one way to get over that.
    This is exactly my point.!! . . . . No I didn't pick this up and neither will many others because you wasn't clear enough and neither did I see any mention of a 4x4 machine before you quoted specifics.!!. . . . . . All this Un-specific Info is confusing and misleading to new users.
    Even now your comments about compensating with larger rails and screws for lack of Engineering is just WRONG ADVISE and all this would lead to is a very Expensive under performing machine or worse failure.!!

    I'm not saying this because it's an Opinion of mine, I say it from lots of experience dealing with folks who have mis-understood or not read enough etc. Which you could say "More fool them" but my point and why I jump on this sort of thing is because it does happen and it doesn't need to happen so if folks just held off or asked for more info before posting then others wouldn't fall foul so easily.

    Again DON'T think you a fool and I appologise for it coming over that way.!!. . . .
    Last edited by JAZZCNC; 11-01-2014 at 02:36 PM.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    The "Fools" quote was a Joke which i made clear., ... again DON'T think you a fool and I appologise for it coming over that way.!!. . . .
    I never took it that way, an i prefair people being direct, and i was being a bit cheeky in the reply,and i have just read back my own reply.
    Barnes Wallace, Brunel , mary bell, Copernicus, Galileo, Bor, --- a long line of people that was considered fools,
    Gosh, that makes me sound like i live so far up my own backside that i would need street lighting tro find my way out. So no worries,

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    Mistake No1 Assumption is the Mother of all Fuck UP's
    A-Men to that !

    Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    Exactly so best not to suggest anything.!! . . . There's a saying . . "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt" . . . . . Not 100% relavent or possibly fair but I do like it. .Lol
    Now I have to admit, that is a rule I do practise.

    However George, there is no certainty that a thread, post or even a question will get replied to, only probability! so actually I think you were correct to contribute what you could/did. This is a discussion forum after all.



    .Me
    Last edited by Lee Roberts; 12-01-2014 at 01:29 AM. Reason: speeling :)
    .Me

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee Roberts View Post
    A-Men to that !

    Now I have to admit, that is a rule I do practise.
    Well you should keep practising then because from this below you need to.!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Lee Roberts View Post
    However George, there is no certainty that a thread, post or even a question will get replied to, only probability! so actually I think you were correct to contribute what you could/did. This is a discussion forum after all.
    How can you say it's ok to give INCORRECT specifics to a question with no details.? . . . So for discussion sake it's OK to miss-inform and nothing be said about it.??. . . . OR . . . is just the fact I've said it that makes it OK.????. . . . . . I FUCKING GIVE UP GOOD LUCK PEOPLE.!

  7. #27
    Make your own enclosure and use a breakout board and individual axis drivers - buy a spare axis driver, test them all and when everything's working rotate your spare occasionally. That way you have a spare when an axis fails on Sunday morning ;-)
    Building all the mechanics first is a given, you can get it all working without steppers and add the electrics afterwards.
    Regards,
    Nick

  8. #28
    To clarify my previous post here,

    My comments addressed the act of contributing to a discussion, not the quality or the specifics of that contribution.

    It would be fundamentally incorrect to suggest another member should not contribute to a discussion, on a discussion forum. Irrespective of whether or not one considers another member to be a fool, no one has that authority here.

    I refer you to the Forum Guidelines:
    What you should NOT do:
    5. Discuss or link to objectionable and/or offensive topics. This is not permitted and includes but is not limited to: things of a violent nature, pornography, sexism, racism and/or other discriminatory subjects, this includes things considered to be as a “joke”.
    The forum rules/guidelines are there for the benefit of everyone, covering specifics for a very good reason.

    Also perfectly acceptable, is to make a directly challenging, specifics targeting contribution to a discussion and is encouraged where a member considers it necessary.

    .Me
    Last edited by Lee Roberts; 13-01-2014 at 12:54 AM. Reason: grammar
    .Me

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee Roberts View Post
    It would be fundamentally incorrect to suggest another member should not contribute to a discussion, on a discussion forum. Irrespective of whether or not one considers another member to be a fool, no one has that authority here.
    Yes Agreed but I didn't Call anybody a FOOL and Neither did I say anyone shouldn't Contribute. What I said and made clear was that posting Specifics to a new member without the specifics of what was required was misleading and the WRONG thing to do. This can be seen from my comment that some of what george said was helpful but to go into recommending specifics at this time was FOOLISH and potentialy costly or Dangerous.

    You of all people being the Forum owner should be Backing me up on this kind of thing not telling someone they where correct to post what they did.!! . . . In this case you would have been better keeping your mouth Shut which you have seem to have been expertly doing on other matters for the last several months.!!

    Hiding behind forum rules or guide lines is pathetic when what you should be doing is guiding from the front your self and backing up experienced members not doing what appears to be undermining them.!

    In the interest of keeping the Post on Topic I've said all I'm saying about this matter now.!!

  10. Quote Originally Posted by dangerousdave View Post
    High Integrated 4Axis Professional TB6600HG CNC Router Lathe Stepping Driver Set | eBay

    Just popped on ebay and this tb6600 is the one id like to know about. Has anyone used it? Does it do what it says on the tin? If i remember correctly I am hoping to use nema 23 motors 566oz 4nm 4a the specs say it will work so just hoping for someone to tell me its not to good to be true
    I thought I'd chime in with the voice of inexperience I am building my first CNC plasma table, a small unit 600mm square, I too looked at those all-in-one's but aborted the thought as I had a feeling I would be blowing a few drives due to lack of experience etc. Then I went and bought a set of three drives and a breakout board from ebay, the drives had TB6600 chips on them as in the all-in-one's.

    After a day playing around, one of the drives went pop for no reason at all. I did some research and it seems TB6600 chips are crap at any reasonable current, I was running 36v/4.2A and they get *Very* hot which is likely why it failed.

    I then bought a different drive, ebay again, different chip, but after messing with it for a day it didn't want to talk to the cheap breakout board

    In the end I returned the whole lot of cheap crap and spent 3 times as much at CNC4YOU.co.uk, on three drives and a decent board. Their phone service is second to none and delivery was next morning, can't speak high enough about them

    Being a small machine meant i could get away with not worrying too much about mass etc, this has been proved now as I can tune the drives to stupid speeds way beyond plasma usage and it still runs perfectly, on a big machine though I would have been more concerned.

    Quote Originally Posted by magicniner View Post
    Make your own enclosure and use a breakout board and individual axis drivers. Building all the mechanics first is a given, you can get it all working without steppers and add the electrics afterwards.
    Regards,
    Nick
    Yes but bear in mind how the drive will be transmitted to each axis, my little build went through several "oh bum" moments followed by plan-changing and head scratching when realising that what i wanted was not possible

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. BUILD LOG: My Budget CNC Router
    By Nealieboyee in forum DIY Router Build Logs
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 14-11-2012, 12:57 PM
  2. CONVERSION: X2 conversion on a budget!
    By craigrobbo in forum Conversion Build Logs
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 30-10-2012, 05:00 PM
  3. Which spindle with a 200 budget?
    By fasteddy in forum Marketplace Discussion
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 29-06-2010, 11:51 AM
  4. Some thoughts on budget workshops
    By irving2008 in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-08-2009, 04:11 PM
  5. Laptop controller question.
    By m.marino in forum Laptops & Tablets
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-01-2009, 04:33 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •