Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by andrew583 View Post
    Tsk. I must be losing my touch if I'm receiving positive feedback....
    No your getting it because Lee can't stand ME . . . But hey oh who gives a shit. . . .There's a saying I quite like. . . ." What anyone thinks about me is none of my business. What I think about me, and what I think about them, is my business….and my business is the business of caring for myself, my world and others in it."

  2. #42
    I think we both know that's not true, if it was you wouldn't be here :).

    It's you that doesn't like me remember? and if you truly did practise what your quote of the day preaches then....well I think we know the rest.

    .Me
    .Me

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee Roberts View Post
    I think we both know that's not true, if it was you wouldn't be here :).
    And you think I'd give a flying F'## if you did kick me off(again).! . . . . It's your forum and members that would be the losser not me.!

    Quote Originally Posted by Lee Roberts View Post
    It's you that doesn't like me remember? and if you truly did practise what your quote of the day preaches then....well I think we know the rest.
    No I don't know you Lee so I can't dislike you.! . . . I dislike what you do or don't do there's a big difference.
    I base my suspicion you don't like me or to be fair should probably say don't like what I say on the fact that when someone disagree's with me whether I'm right or wrong you give them a "Thank you" . . . . . . . This is evident all thru the forum so isn't hard for folks to see it.!
    Last edited by JAZZCNC; 20-08-2014 at 05:54 PM.

  4. #44
    I disagree that members would lose? out with you not being a member, simply because your not the only wealth of information available to them, that's another discussion though isn't it.

    Ok I agree I was a little off there then because to my knowledge you have only ever said "I don't like you for that" referring to the moderation I believe, so yea sorry for getting that slightly twisted.

    Well your perceiving those thankyous not me, there are many different reasons why I thank post's, typically it's because I agree with or share the same thoughts for that specific post or found somthing within it paticularly useful, in whole or in part and with nothing to add to that discussion. Like I've said, I'm not responsible for your interpretation of those instances, and like I've also said in the past, I'm an open book with nothing to hide and everything to gain, if anyone wants to ask me something and then make a judgment on it after the fact, please feel free to contact me.

    Of course there is, but if they look there have also been many instances where I have liked your posts too and I believe there maybe a few of mine that you have thanked as well, so like I said, it's about your interpretation and not my intention.

    If you ask anyone close enough to me Dean, I'm an all or nothing kind of guy, if I "like" you, you'll get my time of day, if I don't like you, you don't exist in my world. I don't think I can be any more transparent then that, so if you don't get it this time, I won't be visiting this topic of conversation again.

    .Me
    .Me

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee Roberts View Post
    I disagree that members would lose? out with you not being a member, simply because your not the only wealth of information available to them, that's another discussion though isn't it.
    Agree 100% I'm not the only Wealth of Info but you don't see half of what I do OFF forum for members on this forum so YES the forum members would lose BIG TIME.!

    Just Like they lost John S with 50+ years wealth of information and all the OFF forum help he provided just because of your "Don't give a shit it's my forum" Attitude regards forum members. There are also other members long gone or now very very low key who often helped memebers off forum who don't speak up just because you have pissed them off for one reason or another.
    These are all the things I don't Like about you and your management of the forum but dispite these things and recently other things in my life that would make some crawl under the covers and not come out I still show up here trying to help members on YOUR FORUM.

    So Ye when I see you dicking around and thanking people for what is often "WRONG or BAD" (not in this case but others) Advise where I've took them to task for the sake of other members then I get VERY FUCKED OFF and can't help think it was aimed at me.!

    But anyway if you want me off the forum just say the word and I'll be gone.!! . . . . Like I say it's not me that lose's only the forum and it's members.!
    Last edited by JAZZCNC; 20-08-2014 at 07:56 PM.

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    Agree 100% I'm not the only Wealth of Info but you don't see half of what I do OFF forum for members on this forum so YES the forum members would lose BIG TIME.!
    I don’t think they would, I think they would still find and get done what it is they are looking for, however you yourself would lose out in many ways that I will respectfully leave out.

    We don’t need to discuss this anymore Dean; I think we have come a long way in terms of understanding what and what not to expect from each other, I’ve noted a change in your behaviour towards other members and thank you for that. I would also hope that you can acknowledge that I have learnt to understand you better and no longer edit your's or anyone else's posts with spelling, grammar or punctuation corrections. I realised some time ago that doing that was too over keen and a mistake on my part, I just thought those things were innocent mistakes that I could help with.

    Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    Just Like they lost John S with 50+ years wealth of information and all the OFF forum help he provided just because of your "Don't give a shit it's my forum" Attitude regards forum members. There are also other members long gone or now very very low key who often helped memebers off forum who don't speak up just because you have pissed them off for one reason or another.

    These are all the things I don't Like about you and your management of the forum but dispite these things and recently other things in my life that would make some crawl under the covers and not come out I still show up here trying to help members on YOUR FORUM.
    Well I don’t know what other issue’s people have had, as far as I know, I have addressed everything I am aware of; I’ve got no outstanding emails or PM’s.

    That is not fair Dean, this has never been “my forum” or have I ever had an attitude of such description, I appreciate that I cant please all of the people all of the time but I go out of my way to try and accommodate everyone, if I wasn’t that way inclined I would never have started the forum in the first place.

    You and anyone else needs to acknowledge that, just because you tell me you don’t like something doesn’t mean it’s going to be reverted back, you can however expect me to review the change to see if there is anything I can do to improve on or meet a compromise, however think again if you expect me to ask for permission to wipe my own nose.

    You’ve mentioned John S (again) so I will continue with that (reluctantly)...
    John found the introduction of a page sidebar a problem, what did I do?, I revisited it, reduced it in size and gave him and others reading an explanation of why I wanted to make use of a sidebar and the changes I had made to accommodate everyone the best I could. What did John do? He and 2-3 others found fault with a colour change from blue to green in a few places, What did I do?, I listened to the feedback and reverted back to the blue. What did John do? He made a comment after the fact suggesting that I was colour blind, I guess that’s his version of gratitude; I don’t know I haven’t asked but like you Dean, I don’t really give a monkeys I did the best I could to make everyone happy.

    I know you have had your share of life’s crap Dean, who hasn’t and I thank you for the time you put into the forum, both for yourself and others, We’re well over 6 years old now, successful and still going strong, I’ve obviously done something right but I didn’t do it all on my own.

    Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    So Ye when I see you dicking around and thanking people for what is often "WRONG or BAD" (not in this case but others) Advise where I've took them to task for the sake of other members then I get VERY FUCKED OFF and can't help think it was aimed at me.!

    But anyway if you want me off the forum just say the word and I'll be gone.!! . . . . Like I say it's not me that lose's only the forum and it's members.!
    I’m not sure what you’re referring to by “dicking around” so I can’t comment on that.

    If I say “thank you” to another’s post, it’s exactly that, if I have something to say to you, Ill address you directly by using your name, anything else is YOUR perception. If I “thank” someone for a post that gives incorrect information, it doesn’t necessarily mean that I am thanking them for that information or that I even know that information is incorrect.

    So again, this isn’t about me, it’s about you!

    I think I’ve covered that well enough above, if I wanted you off the forum I would deal with that myself as you know, though I would probably consider removing myself first instead because I wouldn’t want to take the forum away from you or you away from the community in general, unfortunately if I was to remove myself I don’t know how long any of us would be here for, there is quite allot that I’ve already done and will continue to do but if it became a “bitter taste” for me then who knows what would happen, though I must say its far from being bitter for me and i’m quite excited about seeing the new things i’ve got planned come to fruition.

    Enjoy what is left of your evening Dean.

    .Me
    Last edited by Lee Roberts; 20-08-2014 at 09:53 PM.
    .Me

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee Roberts View Post
    I don’t think they would, I think they would still find and get done what it is they are looking for, however you yourself would lose out in many ways that I will respectfully leave out.
    Nah let's not leave anything out hey and I'll glady say what your eluding to.! . . . It's no secret that I make parts or build machines for people but I assure you I would not lose out on anything because unlike others I DON'T do it for the Money it's purely for the passion and the pleassure I get helping others get into CNC and the many many friends I've made all around the world.
    Infact many many times I'm so soft or stupid call it what you will, I often struggle to come out even at times then when you factor into the mix I give phone or personal support that is second to none and free then I would definately WIN because I'd have much more free time. The money I can live without has my day job business's takes care of that thankfully.

    So NO I wouldn't lose out on that front, I'd just move on and find another place to pass on what I know and make even more new friends..!! . . . . . Because Like there are many Dean's willing to help there are also many forums to frequent if I desired, but i'm a bit of a home bird and don't like change.! . . . . . OR . . . . . Maybe it's time.!!

    Oh and when I said members would lose out I wasn't refering to the parts that get made I was refering to things like driving 150 miles to help with issues others couldn't find, fix or offer to help just for the price of cuppa tea (Price since gone up to guiness.!!) . . . . . Stupid possibly.? Passionate definately.! Begrugged never.!! . . . . . . Hell I'd even consider helping you.!

    Now you enjoy your evening. .
    Last edited by JAZZCNC; 20-08-2014 at 11:17 PM.

  8. #48
    Hi Dean,

    I am unable to send you a message as your inbox is full :)
    Let me know when you make some space.

    Thanks

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by HipoPapi View Post
    Hi Dean,

    I am unable to send you a message as your inbox is full :)
    Let me know when you make some space.

    Thanks
    Ok thanks didn't know. It's sorted.

  10. #50
    Did dangerous dave get his answer then ?

    Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    (Price since gone up to guiness.!!) . . . . .
    Anyway, this is the 'new' Guinness for me now.

    Spelling mistakes are not intentional, I only seem to see them some time after I've posted

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. BUILD LOG: My Budget CNC Router
    By Nealieboyee in forum DIY Router Build Logs
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 14-11-2012, 12:57 PM
  2. CONVERSION: X2 conversion on a budget!
    By craigrobbo in forum Conversion Build Logs
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 30-10-2012, 05:00 PM
  3. Which spindle with a £200 budget?
    By fasteddy in forum Marketplace Discussion
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 29-06-2010, 11:51 AM
  4. Some thoughts on budget workshops
    By irving2008 in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-08-2009, 04:11 PM
  5. Laptop controller question.
    By m.marino in forum Laptops & Tablets
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-01-2009, 04:33 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •