Quote Originally Posted by george uk View Post
hi jazz

I was suggesting options for 4ft by 4ft table, up to a full size table, and just trying to give him a general idea. . If you read my post, i had suggested that, i also said i did not know enough about R&P.
Exactly so best not to suggest anything.!! . . . There's a saying . . "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt" . . . . . Not 100% relavent or possibly fair but I do like it. .Lol

If price was not an issue from him, i would say 25mm rails and screws and servoes
And again you'd be wrong because servo's are not always better, The rails most likely over sized and screws wrong selection for this size machine without special considerations.

ther are many wrong approaches to machine building, but there are also a few right ways. not just one. If it was like that, you would just point him to this thread, and say build that

http://www.mycncuk.com/forums/gantry...g-machine.html

Well engineered, well built, and he lists what he would change
Again that would be wrong because it's a completely differant machine which would be inpracticle at this size required and totaly over engineered for cutting wood.

So again please I'm not picking on you just trying to show that throwing advice around without considering all the variables and relevancys can be disatrous for a new person.!! . . . . . . . I know this from helping many that have unwittingly fallen foul of such good intentions.!!