Hi Everyone,
I'm Neil the kitchen fitter from Northamptonshire.
I come from an electronics background many years ago but by a remarkable twist of fate, Went on a bike ride one night, Met a friend that was in to woodwork, bought a router the next day, made some furniture,
got asked to make some kitchen doors, Before you know it I'm making kitchen doors all day long !
I always used to make bespoke carcases but would get my standard sized carcases from a local firm.
In 2011 I upgraded my panel saw, got a fully automatic edgebander and now make all my carcases
Cutting and edging panels is very quick but dowel,shelf pegs and various other holes are time consuming.
I just bought a homemade cnc router that can cut 4ft x 4ft but the design allows for longer materials
which is great for tall larder units and wardrobes if done in two goes.
The framework and gantry are welded up heavy gauge steel box section 25mm ball screws on x and y, 4nm stepper motors all round and came with a brand new kress spindle
Slowly getting the hang of its workings but havent put any of my own g code through it yet.
I'm currently on an evaluation version of CamBam and have a version of turbocad that exports dxf files
but I am after any advice on the best software to use that factors in the cost and thickness of the user ha ha. It is only basic holes, slots and square cuts I need for now.

Lastly,
As I am now completely obsessed by cnc routers, Is there any exhibitions ever for small scale enthusiasts or would it be part of a big woodworking exhibition ?

Many thanks

Neil