. .
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    has any one had one from the Portsmouth supplier are they actually the same thing? the pictures all seam to vary and there is no mention of if its 3 or 4 bearings. I was going to get one from cnc4u but they are out of stock for 8 weeks till there next shipment.

1.5KW WATER COOLED SPINDLE MOTOR ER16 & VFD DRIVE INVERTER 80mm Diameter | eBay

Quote Originally Posted by charlieuk View Post
    has any one had one from the Portsmouth supplier are they actually the same thing? the pictures all seam to vary and there is no mention of if its 3 or 4 bearings. I was going to get one from cnc4u but they are out of stock for 8 weeks till there next shipment.
    Apparently all these spindles come from one of two factories. I wouldn't worry about the pictures.. just pick one. If you're application warranted getting a better quality spindle, then I'd suggest a specific one from www.aliexpress.com (which would cost quite a lot more), but for cutting foam / wood any of them will be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by routercnc View Post
    Typo through speed typing?! My 1.5kW water cooled spindle came with an ER11, not ER16, which is max ~7mm or 1/4" collets
    1.5kW spindles are available with ER16, but you're right - I meant to say ER11.

This thread is rapidly becoming a duplicate of this one, mainly due to me admittedly.
    Last edited by Jonathan; 15-01-2014 at 10:28 PM.
    Old router build log here. New router build log here. Lathe build log here.
    Electric motorbike project here.

cheers many thanks will toss a coin and go for it then, last question i suppose would be the spindle mount. It appears the only one i can find is from china? are there any other options as google doesn't seam to throw up much
    many thanks indeed.

cheers many thanks will toss a coin and go for it then, last question i suppose would be the spindle mount. It appears the only one i can find is from china? are there any other options as google doesn't seam to throw up much
    many thanks indeed.
    Just ask on the forum I am sure that there are a few people on here that would make one for you...Clive

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Clive S For This Useful Post:

many thanks indeed.
    check out the 3rd post down in the thread below its a decent alternative spindle mount i and others have used, theres a little work to do like pull out the bearings slit it,and a few holes put in,
    http://www.mycncuk.com/forums/market...dle-mount.html

cheers that a great little idea may well do that then.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information