Ok so I have just acquired my first cnc router (exel 6090 pro) and haven't got a clue how to use it. It comes with a DSP handheld controller (RZNC-0501). The manual for the controller is unclear and is written for folks who understand CNC jargon so I will be posting lots of dumb questions on here I'm afraid.

Firstly. I understand the DSP software needs to run on windows XP. My only computer is a laptop running windows 7 home premium 64 bit. Apparently you can run virtual windows XP if you upgrade to the windows 7 pro version which costs £150. Should I do this or is there a better option? Do I need a desktop PC like you do for Mach 3? I could buy a refurb desktop PC with XP on it for £150. Would this be a better option than upgrading my laptop OS so that I can run virtual XP?

I want to run Deskproto as my CAM software. Will this work well with the DSP controller? What are the steps for taking the CAM output file to the DSP controller? I know it involves the USB stick but a breakdown of the process would be enormously helpful if anyone would be kind enough to explain it.

Thanks
Chris