. .
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I have a good 3 phase power supply. I have a project in mind that requires a part with 5 living hinges :) So that is my motovation to build a tool myself to produce this specific part I have in mind.

My biggest stumbling block is I do not have a mill to make the mold, I think at a minimum I would need an old bridgeport interact converted to mach
    Last edited by gavztheouch; 19-01-2014 at 12:42 PM.
    CNC routing and prototyping services www.cncscotland.co.uk

ADD ME ON FACEBOOKS

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Hewitt View Post

I keep trying to make a mould,

There is a forum on plastics.com if you dig, but it's all funny handshakes, secret jargon and closed shops. You won't get any of the basics from there, ask them how to size a gate and they will cold shoulder you.
    ive tried to make a couple of moulds and scrapped em will have another bash at some point so if the sections up i will post as i go

i was on the forum you mentioned looking for advice and i couldnt have put it better,an unforgiving place for anyone trying to get into injection moulding,you be discouraged from pursueing the idea and advised to pay someone else to make the parts for you

why im here ive got an unopened 25kg bag of delrin p 500 if anyones interested cost £130 hardie polymers id take £50.

inventor tells me for the size of the parts i needed to mold, my little injector would not be capable of filling the mold with this stuff ,
    so i took its word for it.
    Last edited by dazza; 19-01-2014 at 02:21 PM.

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 3 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    Robin, I did wonder why we'd never heard anything more about your machine!
    Might be worth posting up over on the HSM forum, as I've seen some quite knowledgable replies to mould queries, without none of the bullshit that the plastics.com forum seems to be full off.

My only purchase so far is a copy of Arburg's practical guide to injection moulding, which I picked up cheap of ebay, so I'm keen to hear about other people's ventures into the injection moulding world.

Should we set up a new forum for small scale manufacturing/mold making? I have a hosting account and can set up a simple forum, but I don't want to do the moderating and new user sign ups by myself. Anyone wanna do this together?

ADD ME ON FACEBOOKS

Hi Gav,

I'm on it as we speak, will post a link back soon as i'm done.

Thanks,
    Lee
    .Me

Ok guys its done, the new sub forum can be found under Materials > Mould Making & Design

I've populated it with all the threads i could find related to plastic injection and mould making, if you find any that need moving please let me know.

Enjoy :)

.Me
    .Me

7. I agree with m_c, it is a very big issue that injection moulding machine needs to run good three phase power supply. Otherwise it can’t be work properly.

If you only have single phase you can play around with a small molder like a rabit or babyplast.

Katie87 do you have experience with injection molding?

ADD ME ON FACEBOOKS

Lives in Vancouver, Canada. Last Activity: 31-05-2018 Has been a member for 5-6 years. Has a total post count of 12.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee Roberts View Post
    Ok guys its done, the new sub forum can be found under Materials > Mould Making & Design

I've populated it with all the threads i could find related to plastic injection and mould making, if you find any that need moving please let me know.

Enjoy :)

.Me
    Well, I did find the above link doesn't work, but the section appears to have ended up under Machines > Moulding Machines

Hi There just reading the posts on injection moulding and I have some old Austin Allen vertical or split line moulding machine . It has not been used for nearly twenty years but occasionally start the motor and operate the hydraulics to check it still works . I have the original manual and some tools.
    It has a 12 ton clamping force and is in good condition may need some heater bands . I also have a small single phase granulator and would be willing to sell both for 1500 euro I am in ireland

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information