. .
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Hi all,

Apologies for diving straight in with the questions.
    I've just picked up a couple of Boxford CNC machines however both have faulty GEG Gemini spindle drive boards. One has been totally chopped out (as in hacksawed from the connectors) but judging by the scorch marks inside the casing it suffered the same fate as the other.

The one from the 260VMC looks like it had the typical C2 failure and the resulting fire took out some of the components further up the board.

The questions really would be, does anyone have one of these boards that would be able to help me out in identifying the burnt components so I can re-order and replace to fix the board ? Either a few decent hi-res photos of the burnt area or if you'd be able to provide me the details, either would be great. If someone could measure the values of the tuning pots that would be amazing.

Failing that, does anyone know if there's any of these boards available or if they can still be bought (unlikely I know) ?
    I could do with another anyway as the board got cut out of the 125TCL.

Thanks in advance.

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 2 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    I think I'd be looking at a new drive given that level of damage.

I can't remember, but if these are for DC spindle motors, I'd be looking at a KB board for a suitable replacement (KBIC are single directional, and I think KBID are the dual direction version).

The board doesn't look as bad in the flesh as it does in the pictures. The majority of it is smoke damage from the burning cap and the leds. The tracks are all still intact and the board is still structurally sound. It's been cleaned up a bit since that picture however it's over at my brothers (he's the electrical side i'm more mechanical) so I can't get a better shot.

He's pretty confident it can be repaired, it'd just help speed up the process if there was a reference board to work from as i've not been able to find much info at all on the boards.

Yes, they are Lenze DC spindle motors 180v 0.45Kw in the machines. I'll have a look into the KB boards as well.

Cheers for the info.

Lives in Cardiff, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 25-10-2022 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 699. Received thanks 29 times, giving thanks to others 1 times.
    i have 125 here, i'll dig it out later and get you some pics and info.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to i2i For This Useful Post:

I've got one here you can have FOC and I'm 90% sure it works. Got all the guts out of 125tcl Just arrange carriage and I'll box the lot up for you.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to JAZZCNC For This Useful Post:

Thanks for that JAZZCNC

I've sent a PM.

i2i, thanks for the offer. Hopefully I should be ok with the stuff from JAZZCNC. If you don't mind though, I'm sure I'll be back to pick your brains on other bits of the 125tcl ?

Thanks,

Si

Lives in Cardiff, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 25-10-2022 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 699. Received thanks 29 times, giving thanks to others 1 times.
    no probs, i'm always about.

Quote Originally Posted by i2i View Post
    no probs, i'm always about.
    i2i I'm looking for a chuck for a 125tcl if you know of any or what fits.?

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    i2i I'm looking for a chuck for a 125tcl if you know of any or what fits.?
    I'll have a nose at it Jazz.

Hi Jazz, you have PM

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information