Hi guys
Post processors for me spell daunting thoughts, lack ofknowledge and confusion.

So my objective here is to understand post processors. Ithink some info, answers to questions and an example or two lot of G code wouldhelp a lot.
Firstly it would be great to see a drawing of a basic partand g code produced for it using a CAM package, say call that g code example A.Then it would be good to see what would be changed using a post processorperhaps with the changed bits a different colour say example B. Then it wouldbe a huge help to understand the advantage for any changes.
I suppose here are my basic questions
1. Could what a post processor would edit be doneby hand in a sensible way?
2. What are the best and worst parts of a postprocessor and in which situation do they work best?
3. Is there a Post processor used for different CAMpackages or does a BobCAD one have to be used for BobCAD a Vectric one for Vectric software and so on, what Iwould like to know here is is there a universal post processor?
4. Is it that every time a CAM package is used apost processor has to be used?
I would of course welcome any help on post processors orgeneral help on getting going on a CNC mill. Some of you have already given great advice links and recommendationsand I would be further back still if I had not had them.
Many thanks in advance for any help.
All the best
Suesi