Hi All,
I am a newbie to all this CNC stuff and hope I have come to the right place. I also hope I am ok to post this request here.
In my mind I have a picture and design of a machine I want to build, but would need someone to convert my thoughts to paper / physical build. The machine would be used in the picture framing business.
It is a high speed spindle cutting machine that produces the end tenon / mortice corners so that they slot together neatly and consistently. the corner style can be seen at Stretcher bars, Stretchers, Stretcher Bar profile I see a gantry type machine with a spindle motor carrying a cutter and a blade (possibly on two machines ?). Travelling from left to right, the cutter cuts out the mitre at the corner (wood profile would be presented at 45 degrees to allow a straight cut).
The machine would be built from aluminium profiles.
There are large comercial machines out there that do this job, but prices are ridiculous for what is required.
A machine process or result I am looking to replicate can be seen at 010820130842 - YouTube . Dont be put off by all the mechanics and auto feed of this machine, or the double action. This process can be done single sided with a manual feed.
Please give me a shout if you think you are up for it. We are based in Grantham Lincolnshire
thanks