. .
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hi,

i am am now at the stage of wiring up to my BOB and have a few queries.

Im running a 24v dc circuit for my safety system and need to run one of the relay contacts to the limit switch or e-stop input on the BOB. Do I just wire the contact into ag and p13 or via the 12v terminal and into p13. (I am running the 12v into the bob so I can use the on board relay to control the dust extractor etc).

the same question applies to the home switches?

user manual can be found here: http://www.zappautomation.co.uk/en/a..._attachment=90
    Dan

Just into AG and p13 like the diagram on page 4, same for home switches. The home switches can be wired in series and Mach3 will take care of it or if you like, though it's a waste of inputs, each switch can have it's own input. If you are using two motors for one axis, i.e. one is a slave, then it's a good idea to have another home switch for it but it will need it's own input. This is so the gantry can be 'squared' at the home position.
    Last edited by EddyCurrent; 29-01-2014 at 02:52 PM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to EddyCurrent For This Useful Post:

Next question.... I was going to use the on board relay to switch on the spindle and dust extractor via the 2 no contacts.
    The set up illustrated in the manual shows 3 outputs for the spindle - do these control the speed and the 2 outputs control stop / start?

i was going to use the 2 outputs to control a relay switching the power to the vfd on and off, is this the best way of doing it or should I add another relay controlling stop start and power on and off?
    Dan

Dan don't run the Home signal thru the relay contacts just the Limits. Take the home switch wires direct to the board from Ag to any spare input.

Don't turn the VFD off unless in emergency. To control Start/stop do this at the VFD using the outputs.
    For best safety then wire the VFD thru the Emergency Stop system using relay contact to kill power.

According to the bob manual this is how it's showing to connect the VFD

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	inv1.jpg 
Views:	6705 
Size:	164.1 KB 
ID:	11419
    Last edited by EddyCurrent; 29-01-2014 at 10:54 PM.

Thanks guys. Think I will have to add another relay into my circuit. So 24v will come into cp1 out of cp2 to a relay coil - contact controlling the run signal. The second cable out of cp2 will go to b relay coil - contacts controlling the mains power live and neutral to vfd on/off as part of the the e-stop system. Will this work? Will try and get a sketch uploaded tomorrow to clarify.
    Dan

Before you do anything get the sketch loaded

So far right diagram is 24v coming in from the safety circuit running through bob relay contact to control VFD then into the coil of a seperate relay controlling VFD mains power.
    Left diagram is adding another relay in to control run signal on off simutaneously with power on off once the BOB relay is activated.
    Middle option is to get a 3 or 4 pole relay (4 pole - leaving a space between power and control) to wire it all in as one, but would this cause an issue with interference?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BOB VFD.jpg 
Views:	707 
Size:	179.1 KB 
ID:	11440
    Dan

Quote Originally Posted by Danielroyal25 View Post
    So far right diagram is 24v coming in from the safety circuit running through bob relay contact to control VFD then into the coil of a seperate relay controlling VFD mains power.
    Left diagram is adding another relay in to control run signal on off simutaneously with power on off once the BOB relay is activated.
    No Dan you don't want to be turning the VFD On/Off every time you run the spindle. You want the VFD power controled thru the E-stop so if an emergency it's shut down.
    The run signal is used to start/stop the spindle spinning. Use the BOB relay output to control On/off just like Eddy shows lower down. Then have the VFD POWER controlled via a Relay in the 24V E-stop system.

Dan,
    Just off to bed, have printed your drawing, will get back in morning unless someone else answers first.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information