. .

Thread: Hello all

Hello all, just joined the forum and wanted to say hello.

I am in the planning stage of building my second CNC, had to dismantle my old one due to moving to a small flat. I want to build a smaller one now mainly for engraving on metal and wood, working size will be about 200mmx150mm. No room for a bigger one and has to be very quiet, thinking of building it in a sound proof box but don't know if that is a good idea or not but don't want to upset the neighbours.

I am in Ilford, Essex BTW, any one close by?

Eric

Quote Originally Posted by Tanky_Turk View Post
    I am in Ilford, Essex BTW, any one close by?
    Essex ? thankfully not !, only joking, welcome to the forum. For a machine that size I would consider a fixed gantry with moving bed. I can't see anything wrong with a soundproof box as long as it has transparent walls and the emergency stop button is on the outside.
    There are threads here for both those topics.
    Last edited by EddyCurrent; 30-01-2014 at 12:05 AM.

Hi Eddy, thanks for the welcome.

I am not an original Essex boy so say anything you want. LOL

My fist one was fixed gantry and moving bed and wanted to make this one the same, hopefully it'll work just as good. I've ordered complete linear bearings and supported rods sets for all axes so hopefully it'll be easier to make this time.

Would the lack of air circulation not be a problem for the spindle and the steppers?

I'll try and find the threads you mentioned.

4. hey hi
    Guys,
    I am also new here.
    Please stop me if somewhere I am going wrong in this forum.
    Need to discuss all points related to CNC machinery.
    help me.

Thread Information